Events Made Easy Forums How do I … [events_list] shortcode IE rendering

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

When I use the [events_list] shortcode in a page, it displays fine in Firefox, but IE renders it with a horrid-looking Courier-style fixed font. As far as I can tell, this is because the plug-in is hard-coded to use a HTML tag with the shortcode. I want to use the shortcode because it offers me more flexibility in how I display my events, but I can’t get past that awful IE rendering. Can this be fixed, or can you point me to the spot in the proper file where this is defined so I can hack it? (I’ve had no luck finding it on my own.)

[code] HTML tag with the shortcode. I want to use the shortcode because it offers me more flexibility in how I display my events, but I can’t get past that awful IE rendering. Can this be fixed, or can you point me to the spot in the proper file where this is defined so I can hack it? (I’ve had no luck finding it on my own.)

Franky
    Keymaster

The html-code tag is not used. If you don’t like the layout, check the CSS. See http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/#css

Anonymous
    Inactive

I discovered the source of the problem: WordPress inserts the <code> tag around the EME content if you use the Visual tab to add the shortcode to a page. If you use the HTML tag, it doesn’t do that and IE will display it fine without needing to modify the CSS.

So you can close this since it’s not an issue with the plugin, but I’d suggest making a note in the documentation referencing this so that this doesn’t madden other users of the plugin like it did me.

Franky
    Keymaster

I don’t believe wordpress enters the code-tag. Only when you copy it over from somewhere else where the html-code contains that tag (like from the documentation site). Lots of other plugins suffer from the same “problem” …

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top