Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Events with no start or end time?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’d like to have some all day events that have no start or end time. Is it possible to hide the time field for those events in lists?

Franky
    Keymaster

In lists? As in [events_list]? Nope. Either the start time/end time is shown, or it is not.

I could add some logic to detect a start/end date of “00:00”, but if you add your own seperators between start/end time, it would still show on the event list.

What you can do: use a custom attribute for this, that defaults to the time format. E.g. use this in the default event list format:

#_ATT{allday}{#H:#i – #@H:#@i}

Now for every event, you’ll have the attribute “allday” at your disposal when editing the event: if you fill something in (e.g. “All day event”) that text will be shown, otherwise the default (in this case: “#H:#i – #@H:#@i”

I hope this is clear somehow.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I tried this and it works great for the event list and single event, but not for the large calendar. I wanted the event name with the starting time to show on the calendar. That worked, but when I changed it to use the same #_ATT code as events list #_ATT{TIME}{(#g:#i #a – #@g:#@i #@a)} it just shows the formatted time.

For now I’ve removed the time from the calendar, but it would be nice to put it back.

Thanks for a VERY useful plugin.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh – and I’m trying it in the RSS feed too, but haven’t seen if that works yet.

Franky
    Keymaster

The calendar didn’t support attributes yet, this has been implemented for the next release.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’d like to have a similar ability, which is if the start/end time is blank then don’t display it. It appears if the field is left blank, than a default time is entered anyway.

I like your suggestion to hide the field if it’s 00:00, but that could also be a valid time?

Franky
    Keymaster

In the next release you have conditional tags that can be used to make decisions based on empty/value of an attribute.

See http://www.e-dynamics.be/bbpress/topic.php?id=416 for how it will be done.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top