Events Made Easy Forums Generic Events page stopped rendering

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Running eme 1.6.12 on wordpress 4.7.0. (I know it is ancient – but running solidly for ages and no reason to update!)

Without anything on my site changing (to my knowledge) the events page has stopped rendering and instead I get the event title followed by “This page is used by Events Made Easy. Don’t change it, ….”

On my staging site I deleted all eme data in Cleanup, uninstalled eme, and installed the latest version. When I start up I get a few events already there (for example one called “Orality in James Joyce Conference”) but the problem persists, and in addition when I select Events – Edit in the dashboard the events list is empty. If I create a new event, it show in my calendar, but not in the list in the dashboard.

Help!! Any ideas?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Further investigation shows the problem seems to be associated with an upgrade from WordPress 4.6.1 to 4.7.0.

I have restored my production site to 4.6.1 and it is working again, but my managed hosting service tells me that they will automatically upgrade again so I am stuck! Any assistance very welcome!

Franky
    Keymaster

Just make sure the EME setting called “Events page” points to that page, should be it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Franky – the events page rendering problem turned out to be fixed by updating another plugin (NexGen Gallery) to the latest level. No idea why but just tried stripping stuff out till the problem went away.

Updated EME to the latest level again and still had the problem with the list in Events Manager not appearing. This appears to be fixed by updating yet another plugin (Ninja Forms) to the latest level.

So the lesson for me is – keep everything up to date even if it all works – because some day it will all stop working in strange and wonderful ways!

Thanks again – Dave

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top