Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Events not Showing on Events Page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I have or thought I have been following the directions to a ‘T’ from http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/#formatting-events however after setting up the plugin and going to my Events page, I am getting a “There were no events found” message. The test events are clearly still listed and showing as public in the backend of the script. I also have the Event list widget in my left column. The widget is showing the events however when you click the listed events from the widget it leads to the url which in turn says “There were no events found.” I’m not sure if I am suppose to be adding this under the Event page in the backend:

• #_NAME
    #_LOCATION
    #_ADDRESS
    #_TOWN
    #_NOTES
  • #_EVENTPAGEURL

#_LOCATIONPAGEURL

<p>#j #M #Y – #H:#i</p><p>#_TOWN</p>

<div>#_CONTACTNAME, #_CONTACTEMAIL, #_CONTACTPHONE</div>

#_ADDBOOKINGFORM

#_MAP

#_DIRECTIONS

#_ATTENDEES

OR This:

[events_page]

[events_list]

[events_list limit=20]

[events_list limit=0 period=weekly]

[events_list scope=2010-00-00--2010-12-31 limit=0]

[events_list category=1,3]

[events_list category=1+3]

[events_list author=admin]

Either way I still get the same message about no events found. Does anyone have a solution for me? I see the possibilities of this plugin and would really love to use it! Thanks in advance!

Franky
Keymaster

Ok, some things: the placeholders (the things starting with “#_”) are to be used in the options concerning formatting in the Events settings (in the admin backend).

The placeholders (like [events_list]) are to be used in a page/post of choice, but just not the events page. Like it says in the Events settings for “Events page”: “The content of this pagea (including shortcodes of any kind) will be ignored completely and dynamically replaced by events data”

So placing shortcodes or placeholders in this page will have no effect at all.

And now the problem: when you see the events in the widget, they should be clickable and show the content of the event. So check your settings and verify if the setting “Events page” points to an existing (empty) page (normally called “Events”).

If in doubt: email me a temp admin account/password to: liedekef [at] telenet.be

so I can see what’s going on.

Franky

Anonymous
Inactive

I am having exactly the same problem. I have events listed and set as being public, but nothing will appear on the events page. I have also tried adding widgets and they show nothing either.

Any help appreciated!

Gillian

Franky
Keymaster

Have you tried this:

The placeholders (like [events_list]) are to be used in a page/post of choice, but just not the events page. Like it says in the Events settings for “Events page”: “The content of this pagea (including shortcodes of any kind) will be ignored completely and dynamically replaced by events data”.

If in doubt: email me a temp admin account/password to: liedekef [at] telenet.be

so I can see what’s going on.

Franky
Keymaster

For reference, this was a bug that was triggered “hide RSVP full events” was activated and no RSVP was made yet. It triggered a mysql statement that returned NULL where it should’ve been 0. I corrected

this in trunk. The change:

http://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/335949

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top