Events Made Easy Forums Generic Events Not Showing in Backend

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Events appear in the frontend and new events can be added, but no events are being displayed on the backend so existing events cannot be edited. I tried rolling back to a previous version, but the problem persists

Franky
    Keymaster

That means a javascript error is blocking the events from showing in the backend. Check your browser javascript console for errors/hints.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The console message is “JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 3.3.2”

And the only issue listed is “A page or script is accessing at least one of navigator.userAgent, navigator.appVersion, and navigator.platform. In a future version of Chrome, the amount of information available in the User Agent string will be reduced.”

I still have the issue if I change my theme to Twenty Twenty-One and disable all plugins except Events Made Easy

Anonymous
    Inactive

In Edge’s java console (my previous message were results from Chorme), I’m receiving the following error

GET https://floralandhardyofskippack.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=eme-manager 403

Franky
    Keymaster

Then I guess you have a security plugin (or your webhosting) that is blocking access. 403 means access denied …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Now I’m no longer getting the 403…I guess it was just a temporary blip

I wouldn’t think this is related, but when I go to the settings page, I get the message, “The EME SEO permalink settings are conflicting with an existing page (the permalink setting for either events, locations or categories is identical with the permalink of another wordpress page). This might cause problems rendering either events or that page. Please resolve the conflict by either changing your EME SEO permalink settings or the permalink of the conflicting page.
    The conflicting page can be edited here.”

But when I click the link to edit the conflicting page, I get a message, “Invalid post type.”

Franky
    Keymaster

While that’s not related, maybe the link I generated to go to the conflicting page is not correct. I’ll test that again. But the list of events in the backend is not affected by that. If you’d like, feel free to send me a temp admin account so I can take a look at your end.

Anonymous
    Inactive

How do I send you the login credentials?

Franky
    Keymaster
    Franky
    Keymaster

Problem fixed. Something wnt wrong with an earlier update on your install, resulting in missing columns in some tables. I have an option in EME that allows to retry this (in EME settings, tab “other”, option “EME DB version”), so I executed this by setting that option to 303 and letting EME run through the updates again. The columns were added as expected and your events are visible again.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You are the best, Franky!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top