Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Events List by Year

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I’d like to create multiple events lists that limit the scope to year. I’ve tried inserting [events_list category=3 limit=50 scope=2008], but that doesn’t seem to work. Am I doing something wrong?

Franky
    Keymaster

no you’re not. This is currently not possible, but I added this functionality to the trunk:

the attribute ‘scope’ for the shortcode ‘events_list’ can now contain a date range, eg.:

[events_list scope=2010-00-00--2010-12-31 limit=200]

Anonymous
    Inactive

And where can I find this “trunk”?

Franky
    Keymaster

That’s the latest version, it might contain new bugs. But if you want to test it:

http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/events-manager-extended.zip

Don’t forget to deactivate/activate the plugin.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh boy, I tried to upgrade and I got some seriously bad error messages. I tried to revert to the older version, and now I can’t get anything to display at all! Can you please see my site at http://test.minutemenministries.org and help me out here!?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh boy, I tried to delete the plugins and reinstall. Now, when I go into “Edit” under Events, I get the following error message. HELP!

WordPress database error: [Unknown column ‘event_category_id’ in ‘field list’]

SELECT event_id, event_name, DATE_FORMAT(event_start_date, ‘%e’) AS ‘event_day’, DATE_FORMAT(event_start_date, ‘%Y’) AS ‘event_year’, DATE_FORMAT(event_start_time, ‘%k’) AS ‘event_hh’, DATE_FORMAT(event_start_time, ‘%i’) AS ‘event_mm’, DATE_FORMAT(event_end_date, ‘%e’) AS ‘event_end_day’, DATE_FORMAT(event_end_date, ‘%Y’) AS ‘event_end_year’, DATE_FORMAT(event_end_time, ‘%k’) AS ‘event_end_hh’, DATE_FORMAT(event_end_time, ‘%i’) AS ‘event_end_mm’, event_start_date, event_end_date, event_start_time, event_end_time, event_notes, event_rsvp, registration_requires_approval, recurrence_id, location_id, event_contactperson_id, event_category_id, event_attributes FROM wp_dbem_events WHERE (event_start_date >= ‘2010-09-14’ OR (event_end_date >= ‘2010-09-14’ AND event_end_date != ‘0000-00-00’ AND event_end_date IS NOT NULL)) ORDER BY event_start_date ASC , event_start_time ASC LIMIT 20 OFFSET 0

WordPress database error: [Unknown column ‘event_category_id’ in ‘field list’]

SELECT event_id, event_name, DATE_FORMAT(event_start_date, ‘%e’) AS ‘event_day’, DATE_FORMAT(event_start_date, ‘%Y’) AS ‘event_year’, DATE_FORMAT(event_start_time, ‘%k’) AS ‘event_hh’, DATE_FORMAT(event_start_time, ‘%i’) AS ‘event_mm’, DATE_FORMAT(event_end_date, ‘%e’) AS ‘event_end_day’, DATE_FORMAT(event_end_date, ‘%Y’) AS ‘event_end_year’, DATE_FORMAT(event_end_time, ‘%k’) AS ‘event_end_hh’, DATE_FORMAT(event_end_time, ‘%i’) AS ‘event_end_mm’, event_start_date, event_end_date, event_start_time, event_end_time, event_notes, event_rsvp, registration_requires_approval, recurrence_id, location_id, event_contactperson_id, event_category_id, event_attributes FROM wp_dbem_events WHERE (event_start_date >= ‘2010-09-14’ OR (event_end_date >= ‘2010-09-14’ AND event_end_date != ‘0000-00-00’ AND event_end_date IS NOT NULL)) ORDER BY event_start_date ASC , event_start_time ASC

Franky
    Keymaster

Just delete the corresponding plugin database tables, and you’ll be fine …

But for the record: what errors did you get when going to the trunk version?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Where do I get to these plugin database tables? Is this MySQL? My host controls my MySQL database. Where should I tell them to look?

Regarding the error message, I’m sorry. I didn’t record the error message.

Franky
    Keymaster

Tell them to delete all mysql tables from wordpress starting with the name “wp_dbem_”

Anonymous
    Inactive

I deleted them, and it’s back up and running. I have to enter all my data in again, but that’s not the end of the world.

I’m looking forward to your stable release of the next version!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, I thought everything was hunky dorey. I was having some problems updating my plugins, and my host made a change on their server. I downloaded the latest stable release (3.1.3), and I got the following error message.

WordPress database error: [Unknown column ‘event_category_ids’ in ‘where clause’]

SELECT *, DATE_FORMAT(event_start_date, ‘%e’) AS ‘event_day’, DATE_FORMAT(event_start_date, ‘%Y’) AS ‘event_year’, DATE_FORMAT(event_start_time, ‘%k’) AS ‘event_hh’, DATE_FORMAT(event_start_time, ‘%i’) AS ‘event_mm’, DATE_FORMAT(event_end_date, ‘%e’) AS ‘event_end_day’, DATE_FORMAT(event_end_date, ‘%Y’) AS ‘event_end_year’, DATE_FORMAT(event_end_time, ‘%k’) AS ‘event_end_hh’, DATE_FORMAT(event_end_time, ‘%i’) AS ‘event_end_mm’ FROM wp_dbem_events WHERE FIND_IN_SET(1,event_category_ids) ORDER BY event_start_date ASC , event_start_time ASC LIMIT 50

Perhaps you can decipher this and let me know what to do.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top