• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey guys,

first of all let me express my compliments for the great work you are doing with this WP plugin.

I have been using it for a while and i think u doing great enhancement in the right directions.

Moreover i think you are holding a killer application in your hands … u just need tlo get it deeper coupled with email notifications. That wdnt require a huge effort to you when starting from the point where you actually are.

In particular, it would be great to integrate some event invitation functions – not just publishing events , but spreading invitations to the WP registered users or a specific list of registered users.

I’m using the Courier plug-in to do some news notification , that you could easily integrate too, but its not the only choice.

So in my opinion , pushing events is a required feature – may be not just emailing, but texting them too – and you should consider such an option.

Best regards

Franky
    Keymaster

I don’t like texting … it needs a sms gateway of your own (which costs money) or one on the internet (that sometimes start charging at random), and you can’t even find one that does texting for free to Belgium (where I live). So no dice.

But the email thing … somebody else already suggested something like this to me, so I started thinking. How about this plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/free-tell-a-friend/

Anonymous
    Inactive

no no … its not what i meant about

I got a look at tell-a-friend plugin … it just do site sharing or news sharing toward 1 friend.

I mean something different, like keeping uptodate the whole community of my site users with new events published or say, once in a months, to uptodate them with the list of next month events … with some formatting rules implemented in … so to get it in the form of a news letter … where the content is picked up from the events database…

then i could get confirmations from attendees to the a specific event (RSVP, as u already implemented it) … and so on.

about texting, i totally agree, its not my priority either … just it could be an attractive add-on for ur plugin.

Anyway , i wd be glad to give u further thoughts about this matter , when needed.

Best Regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am using Subscribe2 to let people get notified about news items. Is there a way to make EME notify the same subscribers of new events?

Franky
    Keymaster

Subscribe2 would need to be modified for this …

I’ll test it out, but I can’t change another person’s plugin. Maybe I can take a peak at the code though …

Franky
    Keymaster

I took a look at the code and it’s a bit more complicated than I thought.

What you can already do is use the eme_insert_event_action hook and add your own mailing functionality … I’ll talk to the developer of subscribe2, maybe he wants to add this functionality.

Franky
    Keymaster

I think in this case: you can use shortcodes in the event details, so you can add your own mailing list to an event. No need for development here …

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m still a devoted MailPress user, despite its peculiar development status (or more accurately, the state of its web site). We regularly use it to send links to an EME registration page.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top