Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Since ver, 2.1.78 The Event Title no longer displays the EVENTNAME or the EVENTIMAGE (if one is selected). It only shows the word “Events”

Franky
    Keymaster

This might be related to some code changes I made, but also to the theme you’re using.
    I saw that the wordpress filter the_title is called multiple times, and I try to avoid doing that now. However, it seems to depend on how other plugins/themes call the filter the_title too.
    Can you tell me your theme (if not commercial)? And did you try disabling other plugins to see if one of those is conflicting with EME now? Then I can further finetune this …

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am using the Astra Theme. I tested (afterwards) on a Local site with the only difference being the version (2.1.77 & 2.1.78). Everything rendered properly until ver. 2.1.78 was installed.

The production site (unfortunately) was upgraded to ver. 2.1.78 before I realized there was an issue. The sitepage is https://okotokslegion.ca/announcements.

Franky
    Keymaster

I can’t test that theme, since it is commercial. And while that means something is wrong with the theme (or a plugin you have), I’ll revert the change and release 2.1.79 now.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ver. 2.1.79 works for me now. Thanks!

I’m not sure what you mean by “commercial” The Astra theme is a free theme for commercial or non-commercial purposes. It does have a premium version with extra enhancements but the base theme is adequate for many sites.

Franky
    Keymaster

indeed, I found it now. Well, I confirmed it to be something with the way the astra team handles the title (not in a standard wordpress method of course, causing the issue you saw).
    Anyway, I reverted it and it works (as you saw too), but I wish wordpress would give people an easier way of handling a post title, instead of all workarounds, own filters, … people are inventing left and right.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It must be frustrating at times, but I thank you for addressing my issue. I am enjoying your plugin so far,I think it works well for the purpose I am using it for in our humble charitable non-profit organization.

I’m kind of invested in the Astra Theme and not being any sort of developer I’m left crossing my fingers that things work as I plan they will. I know, a little pathetic. But on the bright side, I am learning to code a teensy-weensy bit based purely on your plugin and great documentation. So Cudos to you!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top