Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented event page in menu – single page changes nav to show name of page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

hi there!

may not be a bug (might be my own problem or something), but it’s the closest category i found 🙂

when i go to the event details page in my theme, the nav element (using wp_nav_menu) for “events” changes to the event title. i switched to the default (twentyten) theme and got the same results. i have permalinks set to custom; changing them to default doesn’t help.

i notice this doesn’t happen on the events manager plugin site, however, and it appears to also be using twentyten. any ideas?

thanks much!

tree

Franky
    Keymaster

Maybe you’re using a custom menu? I just tried it, and then I seem to have the same “problem”.

It seems the problem is related to this function in dbem_events.php:

function dbem_events_page_title

and maybe to the 2 “add_action” calls below that. I need to check this out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, it seems to be an issue with the wp_nav_menu implementation: it seems the title of the page is taken into account (set by the add_action(“the_title”,..) call in dbem_events.php and used in the templates.

There’s no programmatorical way around it, but there is a workaround:

– make the “Events” page hidden again (or whatever you choose to be the Events page, see the Settings in Events), as a result it won’t show up in the menu anymore

– create a new events page (with wathever title in it) and use the shortcode [events_list] to show the events (for the parameters to this shortcode, see http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress)

– add that new page to your custom menu

Anonymous
    Inactive

great! works perfectly; thanks for your help!

tree

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top