Events Made Easy Forums Feature requests Event page – allow RSVP until – improvement

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

would it be possible to make the “allow RSVP until” settings a bit more convenient and user friendly to set?

I know it might be tricky when having a series of an event but for a single event I would like to give a specific time and date when the registration should be closed. For a series of an event the a specific day and time in advance of each occurrence.

I know you can set it up already as it is, but I always do it by trial and error to find the right setting as I’m too lazy to calculate the hours and days. So I set day and hours, change to the frontend to see when the RSVP will be closed and if I did it wrong I’ll have to adjust it.

So having an easier option to find the right closure date/time would be great.

For a single event it is obvious, somebody could set a fixed registration closure date/time:

like March, 12 at 10:00am

For a series of course this would not work, but it would be easier to say:

registration closure on Friday, 1 week before Event at 10:00 am

I’m not going to say I want a different way, the current option is great but it would be cool if the calculated date/time closure date would be displayed below the dialog where I set days and hours. So a visual aid when the closure would happen is a nice thing to have.

Also the closure date/time in the list of upcoming events (next to or below the event date/time) is something to make someones live easier.

So what do you think?

Franky
    Keymaster

Good suggestions, but I need to check out the good ajax method for this (calculating the date/time via javascript and showing it in the current “locale” is a bit too difficult and I really want to start using the correct wordpress ajax method so this is a good chance for that 🙂 ).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top