Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Event list short code formatting.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi

I’m using your events for a bike club website and I want to show an event list but not show certain events in that list. Can I format the event list short code in this manner?

Do those events need to be in a certain category and then set category=-4 or something to not show that category.

If there’s a way round this I would also like to do the same for the events calender.

I have the s2member plugin installed which provides me with membership access, with conditionals ie: <?php if(can_access_s2member_level#2) {?> show content <?php};?> and I was thinking of displaying different event list shortcodes depending on the level of user.

Is this possible?

Thanks

D

Franky
    Keymaster

Set the events as private, they won’t show then if you’re not logged in.

Other solution: category can be a comma-separated list of categories to show, so you can show events in certain categories only (excluding categories like you asked is not possible).

You can also use custom attributes and conditional tags to play around with: http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?cat=24

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the reply, I’ve dug a little deeper into your extensive documentation and found some cool solutions. I’m going to use a custom page template “events.php” with conditionals and different short codes etc. the only downside being: using a custom page template, having an events list in a sidebar do I need to redirect when one of those links is clicked for an individual event, say if my events page is events.php will it still automatically look for that page to display the content?

Thanks “again” for your help.

D

Franky
    Keymaster

The links will continue to work 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

B..E..A..utifull 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

trying to get &format= to work on eme_get_events_list(). Can I put it in there and then use event_if conditionals or does that only work with shortcodes?

Franky
    Keymaster

events_if should work in the formatting. In the function eme_get_events_list, you can use these parameters:

function eme_get_events_list($limit, $scope = “future”, $order = “ASC”, $format = ”, $echo = 1, $category = ”,$showperiod = ”, $long_events = 0, $author = ”, $contact_person=”, $paging=0, $location_id = “”, $user_registered_only = 0)

Don’t forget that you can also use the hooks and filters for more fun stuff: http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?cat=41

Anonymous
    Inactive

magic! one more question then I’ll leave you be..

Is there a conditional for viewing a certain date?

similar to eme_is_single_event_page()?

Or is there a way round this.

Franky
    Keymaster

You can use the conditional tags and compare dates with values, e.g.:

[events_if tag="#ESC_{j M Y}" value="25 10 2011"]

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top