Events Made Easy Forums Generic Event list not shown any more

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,
    I am using your plugin on a Site where workshops on different topics are offered. These topics are assigned to different pages and I show all related upcoming events in the sidebar. Because I don’t want to get a message when no event is offered, I used a custom code instead of your widget:
    <?php
    if (is_page (2) || is_child(2) || is_ancestor(2)) {
    if (eme_are_events_available($scope = “future”, $order = “ASC”, $location_id = “”, $category = 1)) {
    echo (‘<h2 class=”widgettitle”>VERANSTALTUNGEN ZUM THEMA GEWALT</h2>’);
    eme_get_events_list(“limit=5&category=1&order=ASC&format=<li class=dateandtown>#_STARTDATE <span style=color:#cb5924>/</span> #_TOWN<li class=eventtitle>#_LINKEDNAME“);
    }
    } ?>
    It worked fine for several years, but now I am working on a relaunch, moved the site and updated the database – and only the heading is shown.
    Can you give me any hint, what went wrong?

Thanks,
    Meike

Franky
    Keymaster

Just use [eme_events], with the “template_id_no_events” option, and with the 3 templates (for header, content, footer, and put in the header also your widgettitle).
    Also, the way you cann eme_are_events_available is completely wrong …
    Youre using
    eme_are_events_available($scope = “future”, $order = “ASC”, $location_id = “”, $category = 1)
    while you should be using
    eme_are_events_available("future", "ASC", "", 1)

Please debug your eme_get_events_list too… I don’t think your format is correct at all (not encloded in quotes here).
    And use the “code” button to enclose your code please.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your answer. Sounds like buggy shit but as mentioned before it worked for several years. So maybe it wasn’t completly wrong. Actually I didn’t understand your first suggeation and when I tried the code I got an error-message…

Franky
    Keymaster

A wrong usage of php function arguments for years is not buggy, it is just wrong 🙂
    Maybe it did work of course, I don’t know … I just gave the correct call here (it is what your call should be, but do post the error message).
    And this just came to mind: you’re using eme_get_events_list, but the way it returns events changed some months ago. See this post for the fix there:
    https://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/forums/topic/issue-with-widget-ul-headers/#post-59131 (simply put: put “print” in front of the call).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, your hint solved a problenm on another site, where the events on the front-page also didn’t show up anymore.

But actually all my efforts to reanimate events in the sidebar on the other site were unsuccsessful. Maybe there is a better solution than using this code in the page.php. You were talking about the “template_id_no_events” option and the three templates I could use. To be honest I don’t understand where to start with this. Can I put it in a widget?

Thanks in advance!

Franky
    Keymaster

See https://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/category/documentation/6-shortcodes/eme_events/
    So: instead of using the EME list widget, use a text widget with the [eme_events] shortcode (make sure shortcodes work in your widgets) and customize the options for template_id_no_events, template_id, template_id_header and template_id_footer (as explained in that page).
    In other words: start using [eme_events] until it returns the list the way you want it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Took some time, but now I got it. Thanks for your patience.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top