Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Event-List Navigation Suggestion

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The event-list navigation arrows make it easy to step back and forth through sections of long event-lists, but users are not able to tell which section (page) they are viewing and some may not notice the arrows or understand what they are for. I suggest changing from:

<<                                                         >>

To:

<< Previous Page            Page N               Next Page >>

“Page N of X” would be even better, but would be more trouble for you to do.

Franky
    Keymaster

Are you talking about the admin interface? Because in the frontend the name of the displayed period should be there (if I dodn’t make an error, but not tested so far)

Edit: never mind, you’re talking about “normal” pagination now 🙂

Franky
    Keymaster

Try trunk 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok – after breakfast!

Anonymous
    Inactive

The page number doesn’t increment. “Page 1” displays on every page.

Franky
    Keymaster

and indeed it was, try now please (only file changed: eme_events.php, line 819:

$page_number = $offset % $limit +1;

to

$page_number = floor($offset/$limit) + $offset % $limit +1;

Franky
    Keymaster

And indeed it was, try now please (changed file: eme_events.php, line 819):

$page_number = floor($offset/$limit) + 1;

Anonymous
    Inactive

That fixed it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

How can I change the Previous and the Next page text for French?

Franky
    Keymaster

It needs to be localised yet … if you want to update the french language file, I can give you instructions.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes! But generally, I think the best method is to be able to pass the text in a variable or in the params.

Franky
    Keymaster

Yeah … everybody want everything in a variable, but sometimes that’s just too much of a good thing 🙂

For the translation: take the files langs/eme-fr_FR.po and langs/eme.pot (the .pot file is the template file) and use poedit to update the .po file. See

http://weblogtoolscollection.com/archives/2007/08/27/localizing-a-wordpress-plugin-using-poedit/

For the .pot-file, you might want to use the one from trunk:

http://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/browser/events-manager-extended/trunk/langs/eme.pot?rev=329242&format=txt

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top