Events Made Easy Forums Generic Error with Conditional Tags

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Franky,

I’ve just encountered an error with the conditional tags.

Following the information here: http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?cat=24 I came up with the following to show a FEATURED box for events in the ‘Featured’ category:

[events_if tag='#_CATEGORIES' contains='Featured']<span class=”pstv-cl-featured”>FEATURED</span>[events_if]

The trouble is it only appears on events NOT in that category.

I also tried with with notcontains but I’m getting the same.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tom

Franky
    Keymaster

Your events_if tag is not closing, maybe that’s an issue? Also (I need to rectify the doc), try using ESC_CATEGORIES in the equation:

[events_if tag='#ESC_CATEGORIES' contains='Featured']<span class="pstv-cl-featured">FEATURED</span>[/events_if]

Franky
    Keymaster

Also, try this change in the code, it might help:

http://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/417159

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, I’ve done that and added the closing tag but now notcontains works as expected but contains isn’t working

Franky
    Keymaster

It is case sensitive of course …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Checked that – and that wouldn’t explain why it works when using notcontains which does work but is the opposite of what I want

Franky
    Keymaster

Yes it would explain that: the code for contains and notcontains is practically identical:

} elseif (is_numeric($contains) || !empty($contains)) {
    if (strpos($tag,"$contains")!== false) return do_shortcode($content);
    } elseif (is_numeric($notcontains) || !empty($notcontains)) {
    if (strpos($tag,"$notcontains")===false) return do_shortcode($content);

so if notcontains works, contains should as well …

I just checked it here, and it seems to be working just fine using contains. If you just print out #_CATEGORIES, what do you get as a result? It might be that some strange character is interfering with php quotes here (although I escape using mysql_real_escape_string, but that might not be sufficient)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok – I did some playing around and this seems to be a problem related to the use of more than one category. For any with a single category it works fine.

I assign several categories to my events and want to highlight those in a ‘Featured’ category.

Can you think of a way that I can do this, please?

Franky
    Keymaster

I tried with different categories without problems. Please see my question in my previous post.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I tried that but it prints out what I would expect.

On the test page here: http://www.tomchubb.com/developer/wordpress/club-listings/

the bottom line on each event prints out the categories as the styles, eg: Style: Techno, Tech House, Featured

For testing I’ve changed the category search for the term ‘Tech’ which is used in two styles; “Techno” and “Tech House”.

The code I’m using is: [events_if tag='#ESC_CATEGORIES' contains='Tech']<span class=”pstv-cl-featured”>FEATURED</span>[/events_if]

This is showing on some but not all of them.

For completeness, here is my Events code:

<div class=”pstv-cl-eventHolder”>

<div class=”pstv-cl-event”>

<div class=”pstv-cl-calendar”>

<div class=”pstv-cl-day”>#l</div>

<div class=”pstv-cl-date”>#d</div>

<div class=”pstv-cl-month”>#F</div>

</div> <!– end pstv-cl-calendar –>

<div class=”pstv-cl-eventInformation”>

<div class=”pstv-cl-description”>#_LINKEDNAME</div>

<div class=”pstv-cl-locationPrice”>#_LOCATION – #_TOWN – Price £#_ATT{Price}{?}</div>

<div class=”pstv-cl-more”>#_NOTES</div>

<div class=”pstv-cl-bottomLine”><span class=”pstv-cl-style”>Style: #_CATEGORIES</span><span class=”pstv-cl-time”>#_24HSTARTTIME – #_24HENDTIME</span>[events_if tag='#ESC_CATEGORIES' contains='Tech']<span class=”pstv-cl-featured”>FEATURED</span>[/events_if]</div>

</div> <!– end pstv-cl-eventInformation –>

</div> <!– end pstv-cl-event –>

</div> <!– end pstv-cl-enventHolder –>

I made the changes you explained in eme_functions.php and I’m baffled as to what’s stopping it from working!

Franky
    Keymaster

Very weird … would you be interested in testing the trunk version?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Of course. Will install now…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Still the same. Will try doing it a different way. Thanks for your help

Anonymous
    Inactive

Been digging around on php.net and found this but can’t figure out if that would apply:

atomkirk at hotmail dot com 23-Oct-2008 01:19

careful that when you put a strpos in an if statement that you take note that if the string is in the 0 position it will return false, causing your control structure to think its not in the string.

It’s about half way down the page at: http://php.net/strpos

I know you’ve changed it to strstr() now but just thought I’d see if it sheds any light

Franky
    Keymaster

No, I use strpos again but I compare the result binary: 0 is not false then. So that’s not the issue.

Would you give me a temporary admin account so I can snoop around?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Login info sent to liedekef email

Thanks

Franky
    Keymaster

The code works just fine, but sometimes your “Featured”-span doesn’t show, I’m guessing because the div is too small or so (look via firebug, you’ll see the “Featured” is there in html).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh no – sorry for time-wasting!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top