Events Made Easy Forums Generic end of membership sending mails date

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky
    Happy New Year and a very long and nice time to this support.
    Just a question, are the termination emails sent on the termination date or after the grace period?

Because no emails went out at the end of the membership period at my site.
    Frédéric

Franky
    Keymaster

Hi Frédéric,

thanks for the kind wishes, I hope you’ll have a nice and fun 2022 too 🙂

The termination emails are sent when the status reaches “expired”, meaning after the grace period. You can send reminders (what I do) via the membership definition, so as to let people know the end time (the actual end time, not taking the grace period into account) and tell them they the grace period and renewal options etc … I typically send out such a mail 30 days before and 7 days before the end of the membership.

Franky
    Keymaster

Btw: I’ll add that info in the code to the remember/expire mail templates, so it is a bit more clear.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If I want to communicate a link to pay the fee in these mails. Is it the same placeholder? Or should I use a different placeholder: #_EXPIRED_MEMBERSHIP_PAYMENT_URL for the end of membership email after the grace period and
    #_PAYMENT_URL for the reminder email before the end of the membership?

Franky
    Keymaster

I corrected the code (inline doc) and the doc concerning that: the member placeholder #_PAYMENT_URL should be sufficient (if “allow renewal” is set, which was already being taken into account for active and expired members). The next version will also set a value “renewal cutoff days” so you can prevent people from paying too soon for an extension (it will even refuse to have them pay multiple times).
    You can still use the generic placeholder #_MEMBERSHIP_PAYMENT_URL too (even #_EXPIRED_MEMBERSHIP_PAYMENT_URL, but I removed that from the doc), but that’s only usefull for pages protected by an EME membership and logged in users.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks a lot Franky. The membership will have to be renewed in january the 10 …I will see if my settings are good.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top