Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented [eme_request_personal_info] and [eme_change_personal_info] links lnot vaild

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

I’m experiencing difficulties with both the [eme_request_personal_info] and [eme_change_personal_info] shortcodes.

Users receive the corresponding emails OK, but every time the link is clicked (even within 1 minute of receiving the link), users ALWAYS get the EME error message:
    “This link is no longer valid, please request a new link.”

I tested this with several browsers, logged-in, logged-out, and in private windows, too. Same behavior every time.
    Do you have any suggestions for me? Is there perhaps a setting I am missing?
    Thank you!

Franky
    Keymaster

That’s weird … I’ll try to reproduce that here

Franky
    Keymaster

Just checked: works as expected. Make sure no caching plugin interferes, because due to the use of wordpress nonces a cached page will result in problems of course.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ah, OK, that might be the case.
    Will check and report back. Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

🙁

No luck.

I disabled everything cache-related I could think of:
    – WP Cache Plugin disabled
    – Browser cache
    – Web hosting Cache handling and PHP extensions disabled

Still same behavior.
    Would you have any troubleshooting suggestions for me? What could I do to hunt for the problem?

Anonymous
    Inactive

..and I even disabled ALL plugins except for EME – same thing. So that’s not causing it here. Damn!

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, what does your personal info form look like? Maybe there’s a bug with a field I’m not using …
    Edit: that can’t be it. So we need to figure out where this is coming from. Can you add me as an EME person and then send me the page where I can request the change personal info? My email: franky@e-dynamics.be

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you for your continued patience and trying to find a solution! Very appreciated.

So I added you as an EME person. You don’t need a WP user account for this to work, right? In my case, all users exist in WP, too.

This is the page where you can request to change your data from. It uses the
    [eme_request_personal_info] shortcode:
    https://now2022.andreasdirscherl.de/eme-people-change-info/

By the way – can I change the text for the submit button somewhere? Instead of “Request person data”?

And one more thing- reading the documentation, I’m not entirely sure I understand the difference between the 2 shortcodes [eme_request_personal_info] and [eme_change_personal_info]. Could I trouble you to give another short explanation? That’d be great.

And just for good measure, even it probably isn’t relevant – here’s my personal info form. Nothing fancy yet, still in the testing phase…

Last name: #_LASTNAME
    First name: #_FIRSTNAME
    Email: #_EMAIL

Phone: #_PHONE

Address #_ADDRESS1
    #_ADDRESS2
    Zip: #_ZIP   –  City: #_CITY
    State #_FILED{13}

Biography: #_FIELD{7}

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you for your patience and your trying to find a solution! Very appreciated.

So I added you as a EME person – you don’t need to have an WP account for this to work correct?

This is the page where you can request to change your data – uses the [eme_request_personal_info] shortcode:
    https://now2022.andreasdirscherl.de/eme-people-change-info/

By the way – I’m not entirely sure, I get the difference between the [eme_request_personal_info] and [eme_change_personal_info] shortcodes. The documentation is almost identical, and I somehow fail to understand the difference there. Could I trouble you for another explanation? That’d be great.

And just for good measure, even though it probably isn’T relevant, this is the personal info form. Not particularly sophisticated as yet, but still:

Last name: #_LASTNAME
    First name: #_FIRSTNAME
    Email: #_EMAIL

Phone: #_PHONE

Address #_ADDRESS1
    #_ADDRESS2
    Zip: #_ZIP   –  City: #_CITY
    State #_FILED{13}

Biography: #_FIELD{7}

Franky
    Keymaster

Bug in the wordpress sanitize_email function that strips out “+” in an email, the next version of EME will work around that.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top