Events Made Easy Forums How do I … [eme_if tag="#_FIELD{XX}" value='YY'] and email / PDF

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hy Franky,
    I d’like to send email with PDF attached and make a different mail an PDF depending on the value of a specific FIELD.
    Is that possible to use [eme_if tag="#_FIELD{XX}" value='YY'] in mail and pdf? If not is that another way to make diffenrent mail an PDF depending on a special FIELD.

Thanks

Cyprien

Franky
    Keymaster

Both the booking mail and the generated pdf support the eme_if shortcode.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your answer. Ivtried with this syntax: [eme_if tag="#_FIELD{XX}" value='YY'] but if IS n’ont working. Dos I write something wrong?
    I have thé same problem with thé Attendees list. When I try to use #_FIELD{XX} it IS mot working.
    IS that because it is some custom FIELD?

Franky
    Keymaster

Is the “XX” pointing to a valid field? And is that field defined for that booking?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes xx is the name of the FIELD ans yes I use this field for that booking.

Cyprien

Franky
    Keymaster

And how do you use it in the mail (for example)?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I Franky,
    Thanks for your fast answer

For the Attendees list in the parameter:
    <li>#_PERSONLASTNAME #_PERSONFIRSTNAME participation au cours: #_FIELD{1} participation ag : #_FIELD{2} participation souper : #_FIELD{3}</li>

For the email with if_tag:

#_FIRSTNAME #_PERSONLASTNAME,

[eme_if tag="#_FIELD{1} " value='0'] Votre inscription pour l' #_EVENTNAME a bien été prise en compte. [/eme_if]
    [eme_if tag="#__FIELD{1} " value='50']  Vous avez réservé avec succès votre place pour la #_EVENTNAME. Les frais de participation au cours d'un montant de #_TOTALPRICE CHF sont à payer au moyen de la facture jointe à cet email sans délai. [/eme_if]

For the #_FIELD I tried with RSVP and GENERIC attribut

Franky
    Keymaster

And what is the definition of the field #_FIELD{1} ? Or to make sure: does it work in the attendees list as expected?
    Also: your tag inside your eme_if example containts a space character, maybe that is your problem?

Anonymous
    Inactive

The #_FIELD{1} is a RSVP Field and it is working well in the backend attendees list. I tried with GENERIC Field but the problem is the same.
    I just tried without the space character but the problem is still present.

Franky
    Keymaster

I just tested eme_if in email and in the pdf generated: all works as expected.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok thanks for your answer. Do’s that possible that it dosn’t work with custom field?
    Because I can use it with #_ON_WAITINGLIST but not with custom field.

Franky
    Keymaster

It works fine with a custom field, but maybe your value isn’t what you expected. Since you didn’t give your custom field definition, I tested with a custom text-field and the result was visible as expected in the pdf and the mail.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My custom field definition is:
    Name: participation cours
    Type: Dropdown List
    Field object: RSVP and I test with Generic too
    Req: yes
    Sortable: yes
    Extra charge: yes
    Value: 50 || 0
    Tag: oui || non

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, your values contain spaces too: one character after 50 and one before the 0
    You should try without spaces, example (remove the quotes): “50||0”
    I’ll try here too

Edit: it works fine, but since your dropdown values are different from your tags, you’d want to test #_FIELDVALUE{xx}
    Reason: #_FIELDVALUE{xx} returns the field value, while #_FIELD{xx} returns the tag (the visible text)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top