Events Made Easy Forums How do I … [eme_events] scope follow booking deadline

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Franky,

would it be possible to get a switch/option that only events with open registrations will be listed? Means, as soon as the registration deadline is reached they should not show up any longer?

Many thanks for considering 🙂

Cheers
    Joerg

Franky
    Keymaster

Can’t you use the conditional tag #_IS_RSVP_ENDED here?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Franky,

I don’t think so, as I’m listing all events for a recurring event, but I like just to hide just the ones where the booking deadline has been reached. Currently many users try to click the booking button to then see that a booking is not longer possible…

Here is my workflow…

I’m manually adjusting the deadlines on the event in conjunction if there are any bookings made for the event.

For example this is the event list I currently get….

20.10.2018 09:00 – 12:00 Uhr
    20.10.2018 13:00 – 16:00 Uhr
    08.12.2018 09:00 – 12:00 Uhr
    08.12.2018 13:00 – 16:00 Uhr
    02.02.2019 09:00 – 12:00 Uhr
    02.02.2019 13:00 – 16:00 Uhr

However, the 20th October 9am event should be hidden, as the booking deadline has been reached. The 1pm event has already 2 bookings and should still be listed as for this event bookings can be now be made up to 12 hours before the event starts (initially the deadline was 7 days in advance, but after receiving bookings I changed the deadline manually to 12 hours in advance). The 9am event has no bookings (after the regular 7 days in advance deadline) and should be hidden as its deadline has been reached.

I’m using a WP single page to describe the event and the below line at the end and the excerpt to list all options (dates) for that event:

[eme_events category=12 template_id=34 template_id_header=28 template_id_footer=30]

I would require many EME_IF or IS_RSVP_ENDED tags and would require to adjust these over and over again to hide only the ones that do not have their deadline reached.

Or do I simply not see the easy way?

Cheers
    Joerg

Franky
    Keymaster

It would require only 1 change in your template with id 34 to show/hide it there …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Got it 🙂

<ul>
    [eme_if tag='#_IS_RSVP_ENDED' value='0']
    <li>#_STARTDATE{d.m.Y H:i} - #_ENDTIME Uhr</li>[/eme_if]
    </ul>

Thank you for the hint with the template 🙂

Franky
    Keymaster

I don’t know why you have ul-entries there (should be in the template header and the corresponding /ul in the template footer), but that I leave up to you 🙂

Franky
    Keymaster

And I just realized: there’s already an option for that too: “Hide RSVP ended events?”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top