Events Made Easy Forums How do I … EME calendar conflict with my jquery

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I have some jquery scripts running on my wordpress 3.1 installation along with Events Manager Extended. Events Manager Extended was working fine, but my jquery plugins were not.

I de-registered the default wordpress jquery library and used the newest version, 1.5.2, instead. This created some conflicts with other plugins but putting ?ver=1.4.4 after the script call has fixed most of these problems.

Still, EME wasn’t working. I took all my functions out of the $(document).ready(function(){ brackets and this has brought back the locations map, which wasn’t rendering.

Now, everything is rendering fine and playing nice together, except for the full calendar. When I am on the page with the calendar, all my other javascript breaks. I have deactivated all other plugins and this is still the case.

What can I do to get EME to work with my other scripts? I’ve tried disabling all of them except the simplest one, which autohides text in a field when on focus. It doesn’t work, so even without jq plugins, basic calls aren’t working and I get a javascript error that ‘$ is not a function’.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Franky
    Keymaster

Hmm … apparently I didn’t generalize the locations JS yet. Can you try if this changeset fixes it for you:

http://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/361547

Anonymous
    Inactive

WordPress 3.1 was released with jQuery 1.4.4 instead of 1.5 because of WP admin system incompatibilities. Be sure 1.4.4 isn’t replaced by 1.5.2 while in the admin system. See: http://wpdevel.wordpress.com/tag/jquery/

Anonymous
    Inactive

Franky,

I replaced my eme_locations.php with the one you posted and I still have broken jquery.

I am not using this very latest version of EME though,

the one that was released a couple days ago. I don’t know if that matters.

Franky
    Keymaster

hmm … is the eme_locations.php fix ok so the location map shows? If the problem now exists only for the calendar I can search for it, otherwise I need to check using 1.5.2, but that’s currently not even supported by WP itself …

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top