Events Made Easy Forums How do I … EME and access control

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky
    I want to manage access control to my site (vogue-et-reve.fr) only with EME and WP. On my local site on MAMP I have created a paid membership in EME that also creates a WP user. If the person pays, he should be able to access reservations immediately. If he doesn’t pay I would like him not to be able to log into the site until his membership status is active.
    The problem is that WP gives immediate access, even if the person does not pay, to changing the password and logging on.
    Is there a simple solution to my pb in EME or WP that I can set up?
    I try to do something like the website you give as an exemple in your video.

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, the only thing I can think of is that the creation of the user should be postponed until the payment of the membership is done (and in fact also for RSVP create the user only after the booking is approved).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah, I did that in the beginning. However, some newcomers, by registering, have already targeted a boat trip they would like to book. They’re afraid of losing the place.
    When the new registrant pays online, he becomes impatient and wants to be able to book immediately. Manual validation is not reactive enough for him.
    I use the page access restriction that you set up and that works very well. It’s an acceptable workaround but I still have a problem with the calendar widget because clicking on a day with a navigation brings you to the booking page and I don’t know how to restrict it. Maybe an idea?

Anonymous
    Inactive

in other words, can I make the calendar widget display dependent on membership?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I solved my problem by displaying the booking form with eme_if only if the person is active in the membership.

Franky
    Keymaster

You can already protect your whole event by using eme_if-statements in your single event format, or if you want to just show the subscription form to certain people, use #_ADDBOOKINGFORM_IF_USER_IS_MEMBER_OF{xx} (see the doc) in your single event format.
    The next version will allow multiple memberships to be mentioned there too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

So we can say that your plugin provides the means to manage a real member space. It’s really great. Thanks a lot.

Franky
    Keymaster

Don’t forget the drip-content function too 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

do you mean EME page access restriction on each edit page in backend ?

Franky
    Keymaster

Yes, indeed

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top