Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Embed Stripe Payment Checkout

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My site HERE is a class reunion website and Im using this plugin in conjunction with my registered Stripe account using the keys/api keys accordingly. Is it possible using your plugin to redirect the user to an embedded checkout screen on my page WITHOUT just providing a link/button so they can not only RSVP but pay for the ticket to the reunion right on my page instead of having to RSVP only then having to click a link to get a ticket?

Apologize in advance if this was asked already, just doing a preliminary search I didn’t notice if the same request was asked already and will delete this new topic if it has already been resolved. Thanks.

Franky
    Keymaster

Sorry, it is a form submit because of the possibility to have several gateways. However, see the EME FAQ page on this website, look for “How to redirect automatically to paypal after successful booking”.
    I’ll see in the future if I can do this automatically if only 1 gateway exists.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

I understand. I’m not using any special or third-party gateway but having Stripe, like Paypal, as the online processor for this event as I did back in 2017.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would be very interested if you were to implement that feature, as I think having an embedded option would be complimentary to the RSVP UI.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Currently, my RSVP page HERE, is setup correctly and after the user enters their name and other information as well as the reCaptcha, and click the “SEND YOUR BOOOKING” button, I set the redirect for 4 seconds as it says “Your booking has been recorded You will be redirected to the payment page in a few seconds, or click here to go there immediately”. All that works perfectly.

Anonymous
    Inactive

But then it redirects to nothing more than the Stripe button the user then has to click on to get to the checkout page HERE.

That redirect seems redundant only to have a button then you have to click to get to the checkout page as a second leg to get to the purchase. It would seem much more intuitive to have the site admin/webmaster who’s able to set the url to where or what the redirect goes to as is the option to set the href link to the button if it doesn’t redirect like it should as a fallback.

While I understand the limitations to embed a gateway to the RSVP, I’d have to think if most are like me, don’t need and are not using other features like reoccuring payment, subscriptions, or other customizations but simply using Stripe, or even Paypal as a complete solution that combines the functionality of a merchant account and a gateway in one.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Since you cannot use existing merchant accounts or gateways with Stripe, as it functions as both already, and if the user selects Stripe, it would only make sense to have an option to embed or the very minimum have the option to provide our own redirect to what merchant/checkout we want within whatever preselected processor we choose. Paypal, for example, I know offers a little more in the way of options but works similar.

In the meantime Ill make sure to check out the FAQ you mentioned while I await your reply about setting the Stripe checkout url as my redirect. Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Stupid question, the FAQ found HERE, as you referenced, highlights code to use as seen below

<script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery(document).ready( function($) {
    $( "#paypal_form" ).submit();
    });
    </script>

” you can redirect to another gateway too, just replace “#paypal_form” by e.g. “#mollie_form” (for redirecting to Mollie), see the generated html to find the correct form name of the relevant gateway.” I can’t find the generated html for Stripe. What would that code be?

Franky
    Keymaster

replace #paypal_form by #eme_stripe_form, that should do it (for paypal it is also #eme_paypal_form, I’ve corrected the faq)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, like I said stupid question. I just didn’t pay attention and look close enough. I apprecaite it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

So I added the below code as instructed to the RSVP Payment form header format, and after I cleared out server and browser cache, I entered the information on the RSVP form and entered the correct reCaptcha data, it still redirected me to the same url HERE that has the button PAY VIA STRIPE.

<code><script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery(document).ready( function($) {
    $( "#eme_stripe_form" ).submit();
    });
    </script></code>

Franky
    Keymaster

Remove “code” and also the br-tags you added. Both are not allowed in your javascript …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here is a screenshot. I just took the raw code and still not working after clearing the cache. I apologize for not being well-versed enough in coding to having this work right. I didn’t notice any br tags. Ive greatly appreciated and continue to very much appreciate your help.

screenshot

Franky
    Keymaster

I was testing it here too, and due to some previous change the br-tags are being added which shouldn’t be for javascript of course. I’ll correct that.

Franky
    Keymaster

This fixes it:
    https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/2624861/

But for an easy fix: put all your javascript on 1 line and it will work fine too:

<script type="text/javascript">jQuery(document).ready( function($) {$( "#eme_stripe_form" ).submit();});</script>

Anonymous
    Inactive

Perfect! There’s a little lag and the screen with the PAY VIA STRIPE is there for a second then it goes to the Stripe checkout screen. I can live with that. Thanks for everything!

Franky
    Keymaster

The fact that there is a delay is because first EME makes a Stripe payment (that is the first part of the form submit) and then the user gets redirected to confirm that payment (second step).
    If there’s only 1 payment, I could try to shortcut that step a bit, but it will take quite some coding because not all payment gateways behave the same way.

Franky
    Keymaster

The next version will have an option for immediate redirect to the payment gateway. This is the explanation for that new setting:

By default, people get a list of payment gateways to choose from before being redirected to the payment gateway of choice. Select yes to immediately redirect to the payment gateway if there is only one payment gateway to chose from. This redirect takes also the setting “Redirect wait period” into account. The text above the payment button of the relevant payment gateway will then also be shown.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Excellent! I look forward to it and thanks again!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top