Events Made Easy Forums How do I … emails and reservations only after payment received?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

We have a nonprofit and offer tours of the facility for only 4 people at a time. The reservations must be paid for in order to be reserved.

I’m trying to implement EME and so far I have noticed the following complications:
    1) One of our 4 seats is ‘reserved’ even if the person abandons the process before making payment
    2) It seems that we can either send emails for reservations that are pending (but not necessarily paid) – or if we disable that, no emails are sent to confirm that a booking has been made at all.

We are integrating with Stripe (not paypal) – hoe can I fix this?

Franky
    Keymaster

If you don’t want mails to be sent only for pending reservations, then leave the subject and/or body for the pending mails empty.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks!

Will that result in emails being sent when the reservation is paid for? That is my goal.

Also, how do I stop the system from taking up one of our 4 seats available every time someone starts to reserve and then abandons the process?

Franky
    Keymaster

The next version will allow you to cleanup unapproved bookings older than x minutes in an automatic way (every 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 1 hour, …).
    For the rest, you can set an option that unapproved bookings shouldn’t be counted as reserved seats.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is there a way to send emails to people only after they successfully pay for their booking?

Franky
    Keymaster

As said: if you don’t want mails to be sent only for pending reservations, then leave the subject and/or body for the pending mails empty.
    So: require approval for your events, set the option auto-approve upon payment and set the pending mail subject to empty.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m sorry, I must sound like an idiot repeating my question…but I am not getting any emails to respondents after s booking has been paid for. I have succeeded in suppressing the emails for pending bookings like you describe, but it seems that somethings is still not triggering emails after payment is completed. I have messed around with every setting I can find. What am I overlooking?Thanks for your patience…

Franky
    Keymaster

Did you activate the option “auto approve upon payment”?
    Does the booking get marked as payed?
    Does the booking get automatically approved?
    If yes on all 3, a mail is being generated … could you check your mailserver logfiles?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, yes and yes…and based upon the past issue with respondents being emailed before payment, the emails have been working for that (now that email is blank and it doesn’t send, which is good)

Sorry, I’m new at this – How do I check mailserver log files? Is that something in WP or with my domain host?

Franky
    Keymaster

Indeed, if it worked in the past, it should work now too. Maybe the subject or body for the approved mails is empty too?
    Just try first with a test event without needing to pay (nor approval), and see if the approval mail arrives then.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Franke for all of your help! I finally managed to get it working after you suggested that I set up a test event and try again (it still didn’t work at that point) – that gave me the idea to uninstall and reinstall the plugin to ensure that I reset all default settings. The emails are working like I need them to now!

The only thing I have left to sort out if that I had to disable the Google Maps feature because I was getting an error on the setup age that a map item couldn’t be displayed. I am researching that – if there is something common/obvious to fix it please let me know.

Have a great weekend!
    Lisa

Franky
    Keymaster

Glad it works.
    Google is now requiring an API key for google map usage, so the next EME version will allow that. If you want, feel free to test the dev-version of EME.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top