Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented Editing an existing event is removing the event dates

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello!

This has been occurring ever since I first downloaded this plugin. Whenever I edit an event, whether it be selecting a single occurrence or clicking “reschedule” for recurring events and I am brought to the edit page, the original dates I entered when I first added the event disappear, thus forcing me to enter the dates again.

This might be a bug that occurs only in my environment because I imagine if this happened to everyone, there’d be a lot more talk about it since editing an event is so common.

Not sure what the solution to this is, but I’ll be glad to help give as much info as needed.

Franky
    Keymaster

If that is the case, it means something is wrong with the javascript filling in the data.
    Can you check for javascript errors in your browser?
    And maybe send me an temporary admin account at liedekef@telenet.be

Anonymous
    Inactive

Error 1
    Note: periodically, while the page is just open, the same error is logged again and again

TypeError: e is undefined
    https://clara-cwm2014.rhcloud.com/wp-admin/load-scripts.php?c=0&load%5B%5D=hoverIntent,common,admin-bar,suggest,wp-ajax-response,jquery-color,wp-lists,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jque&load%5B%5D=ry-ui-sortable,postbox,heartbeat,post,svg-painter,wp-auth-check,underscore,shortcode,backbone,wp-util,wp-backbone,media-models,p&load%5B%5D=lupload,json2,wp-plupload,mediaelement,wp-mediaelement,media-views,media-editor,media-audiovideo,wp-playlist,mce-view,imgareasel&load%5B%5D=ect,image-edit,word-count,editor,quicktags,wplink,thickbox,media-upload&ver=3.9.2
    Line 270:

Here is line 270 prettified:

! function(a) {
        function b() {
            var b, d = a("#wp-auth-check"),
                f = a("#wp-auth-check-form"),
                g = e.find(".wp-auth-fallback-expired"),
                h = !1;
            f.length && (a(window).on("beforeunload.wp-auth-check", function(a) {
                a.originalEvent.returnValue = window.authcheckL10n.beforeunload
            }), b = a('<iframe id="wp-auth-check-frame" frameborder="0">').attr("title", g.text()), b.load(function() {
                var b, i;
                h = !0;
                try {
                    i = a(this).contents().find("body"), b = i.height()
                } catch (j) {
                    return e.addClass("fallback"), d.css("max-height", ""), f.remove(), void g.focus()
                }
                b ? i && i.hasClass("interim-login-success") ? c() : d.css("max-height", b + 40 + "px") : i && i.length || (e.addClass("fallback"), d.css("max-height", ""), f.remove(), g.focus())
            }).attr("src", f.data("src")), a("#wp-auth-check-form").append(b)), e.removeClass("hidden"), b ? (b.focus(), setTimeout(function() {
                h || (e.addClass("fallback"), f.remove(), g.focus())
            }, 1e4)) : g.focus()
        }

function c() {
            a(window).off("beforeunload.wp-auth-check"), "undefined" == typeof adminpage || "post-php" !== adminpage && "post-new-php" !== adminpage || "undefined" == typeof wp || !wp.heartbeat || wp.heartbeat.connectNow(), e.fadeOut(200, function() {
                e.addClass("hidden").css("display", ""), a("#wp-auth-check-frame").remove()
            })
        }

function d() {
            var a = parseInt(window.authcheckL10n.interval, 10) || 180;
            f = (new Date).getTime() + 1e3 * a
        }
        var e, f;
        a(document).on("heartbeat-tick.wp-auth-check", function(a, f) {
            "wp-auth-check" in f && (d(), !f["wp-auth-check"] && e.hasClass("hidden") ? b() : f["wp-auth-check"] && !e.hasClass("hidden") && c())
        }).on("heartbeat-send.wp-auth-check", function(a, b) {
            (new Date).getTime() > f && (b["wp-auth-check"] = !0)
        }).ready(function() {
            d(), e = a("#wp-auth-check-wrap"), e.find(".wp-auth-check-close").on("click", function() {
                c()
            })
        })
    }(jQuery);

Error 2
    Note: this error is outside the scope of this discussion I believe, but is another bug I wanted to log, in which I only see the green Google Map when editing an event even though I’ve entered lat/long and the location address.

ReferenceError: google is not defined
    https://clara-cwm2014.rhcloud.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=events-manager&eme_admin_action=edit_recurrence&recurrence_id=2

Line 661:var latlng = new google.maps.LatLng(lat, long);

If you can’t resolve seeing only these errors, I’ll have to discuss with my team before I give you temporary admin access.

Thanks for your promptness!

Franky
    Keymaster

The second error happens because of the first one, which is not a EME error. Another plugin is causing this error, so you need to find the plugin responsible for this. Disabling all plugins and reenable one by one helps you to find the plugin misbehaving.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Franky,

I realize now this error is due to my company’s internet firewall and network settings. After trying to see if the error was generated again from my personal computer at home, I see that the dates remain, and there are no errors – and the Google Maps appear!

You may delete this thread or mark it as fixed. There wasn’t really a bug though; just network issues.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top