Events Made Easy Forums How do I … edit RSVP form

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I want to edit RSVP form to put in a colorbox pop-up (a plugin similar to lightbox). It is possible?

Also, it is possible to list people who is registered in a event (to do something like “who will go”?

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, the code is there: in file dbem_rsvp.php, function dbem_add_booking_form()

Templating is not yet implemented, so for now this is in the code.

But you can always use javascript+css to change the layout and add/change stuff, without changing the code.

For the list of people: it is not possible yet, although I’ll make this a feature request

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just wanted to inform you: the feature of listing the people attending is now in the trunk version (shortcode #_ATTENDEES) and will be in the next released version

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am new to php and am trying to figure out how to change the text next to the RSVP table. I am ok with the values and the look of the table but I am wanting people to RSVP to events not book seats. For this reason it would be nice if instead of Book Now! it said RSVP Here! or something like that and instead of “Seats” it said “People Attending” or something along those lines. After looking at the dbem_rsvp.php file my guess was that it was in the following section:

class=’dbem-rsvp-form’>

<tr><th scope=’row’>”.__(‘Name’, ‘dbem’).”*:</th><td><input type=’text’ name=’bookerName’ value=”/></td></tr>

<tr><th scope=’row’>”.__(‘E-Mail’, ‘dbem’).”*:</th><td><input type=’text’ name=’bookerEmail’ value=”/></td></tr>

<tr><th scope=’row’>”.__(‘Phone number’, ‘dbem’).”*:</th><td><input type=’text’ name=’bookerPhone’ value=”/></td></tr>

and the one below this that includes “seats”. I changed (‘seats’, ‘dbem’) to (‘number attending’, ‘dbem) and an original file had to be ftp’d to the server before I could even get back to my admin page.

I realize that I am probably asking a basic php question but I appreciate anyone willing to take the time to help me out.

thanks.

Tim

Franky
    Keymaster

For the “Book Now”: see line 23

For seats: you were correct. But make sure you don’t use back quotes or so, just regular ones.

Anonymous
    Inactive

is this the line that you were talking about?

$module = “<h3>”.__(‘Book now!’,’dbem’).”</h3>
    “;

If so I changed (‘book now!’,dbem’) to (‘RSVP here!’,’dbem’) and that is when it told me there was an error and it couldn’t even show me the wordpress admin page. Is there a different one that I am not seeing?

thanks for the help liedekef.

Tim

Anonymous
    Inactive

This might help too. When I changed (‘seats’,’dbem’) to (‘# attending’,’dbem’)

this is the error message that I get as soon as I hit update.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘”‘ in /homepages/3/d342927137/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/events-manager-extended/dbem_rsvp.php on line 324

I know it says there is an unexpected ” but I didnt change anything besides the letters.

Then I have to ftp the original php back to my server so that I can get back in to my admin page.

Thanks again.

Franky
    Keymaster

Just tried it with changing the “Book now” heading: no issues. So I’m guessing your editor is messing around … almost any translation string can be replaced without issues …

Anonymous
    Inactive

thanks for the quick response. I’m sure you’re right but I’m not sure what to do about it. I actually opened it in the WP editor and just hit update without making any changes at all and it did the exact same thing as when I made my changes. Did the same thing when I tried to edit it in notepad and then upload the changed file. any ideas?

Franky
    Keymaster

Well … try changing it in the WP editor with first having made a backup, and then do a diff and see what happened. Otherwise, send me the “corrupt” file via mail: liedekef [at] telenet.be

Anonymous
    Inactive

As far as I can tell, the problem I posted under http://www.e-dynamics.be/bbpress/topic.php?id=126 concerns the same issue that Teschandorff mentioned.

Franky
    Keymaster

I looked at his issue, and I believe when you edit using the WP editor it removes “n” in the file and replaces it by “n” … check if this is the case and correct it or use a nicer editor

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m having trouble with this also. Whenever I try to change the wording I get an error in line 11?

Franky
    Keymaster

Which version are you using, which file are you editing and which editor are you using?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top