Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Edit Events – Make 'All Events' Default

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m really loving your plugin and have used it for a couple clients I’ve made sites for. One issue I’m having though is when editing events through the wordpress admin, the default that comes up is ‘Future Events’, which is alright, but to me it seems like it would make more sense for the default to be ‘All Events’. Is there a way to change the default filter? Thanks

Franky
    Keymaster

The default filter in the admin backend is future and is not changeable unless you change the php code.

The thing is: if you have hundreds of events (in the past) these would come up first with “All events”, while most of the time people are only interested in editing future events.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Franky, I guess that makes sense. I may take a look at the php to display them by desc dates, and set All Events to default – any recommendations on where to start?

Also, I was going to start a new thread for this question, but since it looks like you answer all the questions around here so:

My client has an on-going event that’s on now (started in past, ends in future) – unfortunately the only way to get it to display is using [events_list scope=all]. I don’t want all his events to display though, so is there a way I can get ‘current’ events to display?

Franky
    Keymaster

Normally [events_list scope=future] should work just fine. Have you tried that?

For the php code to change: search in eme_events.php for

eme_events_table ( $events, 20, "Future events", "future", $offset );

and change it to

eme_events_table ( $events, 20, __ ( 'All events', 'eme' ), "all", $offset );

(the string “Future events” wasn’t localized yet, corrected in the trunk version, so in the future the code will be: eme_events_table ( $events, 20, __ ( 'Future events', 'eme' ), "future", $offset );)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top