Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Dynamic RSVP / Cancel Form

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

On my event page, I’m using a custom template to display my event details, plus the bottom has my custom RSVP form. Is there a way to show the RSVP form only if the user hasn’t already signed up? And if they have signed up, instead show them the edit/cancel RSVP form? It’s a members-only site, so only folks with logins can see/sign up anyway.

So, essentially, I need an IF statement somehow. IF user has RSVP’d then show edit/cancel form, otherwise show RSVP form.

Franky
    Keymaster

Already possible, see the doc at https://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/category/documentation/7-placeholders/7-2-events/ :

#_ADDBOOKINGFORM_IF_NOT_REGISTERED adds a form which allows the visitors to register for an event. The form is displayed only if RSVP is enabled for the given event and if the user hasn’t registered yet (only possible to detect if the RSVP is for WP registered users only). See the placeholder doc concerning ‘Registration form fields’ to change the format of the form.
    #_CANCELBOOKINGFORM_IF_REGISTERED adds a form which allows the visitors to remove their registration for an event. The form is displayed only if RSVP is enabled for the given event and if the user has registered already (only possible to detect if the RSVP is for WP registered users only).

Also, there are several conditional placeholders, to be used with the [eme_if] shortcode. See https://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/category/documentation/7-placeholders/7-1-conditional-tags/

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, somehow I missed those in the documentation.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all,
    Sorry to dig out this old topic, but…
    Summary: even if i use #_CANCELBOOKINGFORM_IF_REGISTERED the cancel form is visible all the time.

long story:
    Wordpress: 5.3.2
    EME: 2.1.69

1) single event is configured like this:
    #_STARTDATE – #_STARTTIME<br />#_TOWN<br />#_NOTES<br />#_MAP<br/>#_ADDBOOKINGFORM_IF_NOT_REGISTERED<br />#_CANCELBOOKINGFORM_IF_REGISTERED<br />

2) the RSVP setting in the single event dictates, that only a WP user can register for an event.
    so, firstname,lastname, phone, email will queried from the WP user and pre-filled.

3) nevertheless: if i am not registered for an event, i can see both the #_ADDBOOKINGFORM_IF_NOT_REGISTERED and the #_CANCELBOOKINGFORM_IF_REGISTERED
    whereas: if i am registered for an event, i can only see the #_CANCELBOOKINGFORM_IF_REGISTERED (so, this works just fine.

Did i miss a setting somewhere? is this even possible?
    thanks,
    Ron

Franky
    Keymaster

It is a small bug: #_REMOVEBOOKINGFORM_IF_REGISTERED works, but the CANCEL variant wasn’t. This oneliner fixes it:
    https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/2270987/

Anonymous
    Inactive

here as well: thank you for this quick fix!
    Works like a a charm
    Ron

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top