Events Made Easy Forums Generic Dynamic Price placeholder stopped working

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

All of a sudden the #_DYNAMICPRICE placeholder in my registration form stopped working. I am busy setting up a new event and the total price was displayed just fine all along, but today somewhere along the line it stopped working, nothing is displayed anymore (so no errors or faulty data either).

Obviously I must have changed something in the settings, so I checked every setting but cannot find anything that may cause this.

It’s a simple event with three occurrences and just one ticket price. Not a multibooking form but very basic, and I haven’t changed anything in the RSVP form, just in other templates.

Hope you can point me in the right direction.
    Thanks in advance, cheers,
    Leo

Franky
    Keymaster

Example event?
    Also: #_DYNAMICPRICE only works in the rsvp form template, nowhere else.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the quick response. I am aware the code only works in the rsvp form template, and it worked just fine until today. It is the default template as defined under Settings -> RSVP and I hadn’t made any changes to that (I have now, trying to get it to work again).
    The form is called using #_ADDBOOKINGFORM in the Single Event template.

I made the event public so you can have a look: https://tt-theater.nl/voorstelling/het-jachtgeweer-2/ (it’s in Dutch, I assume that’s okay).
    The code is all the way at the bottom where it says ‘De totale kosten zijn € .’

Thanks again.

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, it seems your jquery version is doing something weird: the “change” event for the select-dropdown is not being fired so the EME javascript can’t react on it.
    It is weird … some weird plugin installed? Latest version of everything (I see your jquert version is a little bit older than mine)?
    Also, your html code contains errors (do ctrl-u): table inside table is not allowed.

Franky
    Keymaster

Btw: I used to make a distinction between the “input” and “change” event, because IE wouldn’t fire the input event on select-boxes. I”ve now decided to stop supporting IE (since WP stopped too), so this change might solve your problem:
    https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/2571935/

(however, the html errors are still yours to fix 🙂 )

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow, again you have pointed me in the right direction and I feel very stupid right now. 🙁
    It turns out I had made an error by omitting the / in the table closing tag.

I would probably never have found this error without your help, so thank you once again for your time and sharp eye for detail!

Many cheers, Leo

Franky
    Keymaster

No problem. So your problem is now fixed (after fixing the html errors)?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, it was really just the table inside table (which wasn’t supposed to be). The changed JS which I replaced first made no difference.

I will still be looking into the other issues you mentioned, the theme is very outdated and needs a makeover anyway.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top