Events Made Easy Forums Generic Double Booking

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, I’m having a problem that I can’t seem to figure out:

Whenever a user registers for an event, it double books.

What I mean by this is it creates 2 registrations every time the form is submitted. So users get 2 confirmation emails sent to them and there is a duplicate entry for every registration that occurs.

This happens every time, for any registration on any event I have set up.

I am using the Canvas theme from WooThemes which I’ve never had problems with before.

This is an awesome plugin and it’s been a pleasure to use and set up, would be fantastic if I could get this issue resolved and have everything working perfectly, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Franky
    Keymaster

First of all: try switching to the default theme and try again. If it works ok then, then it’s a theme issue …

If not, try switching off permalinks and try again. And report back the test results please.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Franky, quite bad of me not to have checked with the default theme.

It is indeed a theme issue and something I’ll have to look into myself I guess, using the default theme creates a single registration, no duplication at all, so it’s definitely down to the code within the Canvas theme. Not 100% sure where to start looking for the problem but good to know it’s narrowed down to the theme.

Thanks for the help, if I manage to solve the problem I’ll be sure to post my solution.

Anonymous
    Inactive

After some more testing, disabling and re-enabling plugins, I can confirm that there’s some sort of clash with a Newsletter plugin widget we have installed that must be causing the information to be posted twice.

Going to try and come to some sort of compromise, both plugins are essential to our needs on this project so hopefully I can get both working.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry for the triple-post but I managed to get things working by disabling the AJAX features of the Newsletter plugin. Not the most ideal solution but it’s what we’ll have to go with for now.

This is a fantastic plugin, thanks for all the hard work and I’m glad to finally have it working!

Franky
    Keymaster

Hmmm … I’ll try this plugin myself, but I will move this from bugs to general.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top