Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Displayed name of the author of an event.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky
    On the general public site I use #_AUTHORNAME to indicate the name of the event organizer. Previously the name displayed was #_DISPNAME. But since the last version it seems that it is the first and last name that are displayed. How can I display the #_DISPNAME of the author of the event (it’s the first name and the first letter of the last name) to be more discrete.
    Have a nice day
    Frédéric

Franky
    Keymaster

If the wp user is linked to an EME account, #_CONTACTNAME indeed now shows the full name. But you can then use #_CONTACTDISPNAME (or #_AUTHORDISPNAME).
    To avoid the inconsistency with #_CONTACTDISPNAME and #_AUTHORDISPNAME when the wp user is not linked (then these are not recognized yet), the next version will support #_CONTACTDISPNAME and #_AUTHORDISPNAME for both cases. This is the one-line change needed for that (only the change in eme_events.php is relevant):
    https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/2545219/#file0

Anonymous
    Inactive

Does this also affect the display of #CONTACTPERSON in “Booking Made Email Body”, as up until 5 June 2021 it was displaying “First_Name” “Last_Name”, and after 6 June it displays “Last_Name First_Name”?

Is there a way around this to once again show First Last in the Booking Email?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great! Thanks Franky, this is exactly what I was looking for but I didn’t find it in the documentation

Franky
    Keymaster

@peterbaldwin: yes. But you can change that format in EME settings, tab “mail format”, “recipient name” (will be renamed to “full name” in the next version).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Are #_CONTACTFIRSTNAME #_CONTACTLASTNAME #_AUTHORFIRSTNAME #_AUTHORLASTNAME names also accepted ?

Franky
    Keymaster

Yes, if the wp user is linked to an EME user. If not: currently not (but will be in the next version)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Parfait. Encore merci.
    Frédéric

Franky
    Keymaster

Latest version released last night + doc updated.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top