Events Made Easy Forums Generic display_single_event and

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

(I am new to the plugin.)

I have an event set up with a map and registration form. I use the more tag after the description and before I display the registration and map.

I have created a post that uses [display_single_event id=4] to pull in the details of the event, however, on my main page, the entire event, including that which comes after the <!-- more --> comment. Is there something I am not doing correctly?

Thanks.

Pat

Franky
    Keymaster
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the response, Franky.

I saw the #_EXCERPT placeholder, and I am using that for the ‘default event list format,’ however, I think what I am looking for is a little different: I am not listing events, rather, I am listing blog entries that contain events (using the [display_single_event] code).

Follow up question: I have the more tag in the middle of the note. If I use the following code:

#_EXCERPT

#_MAP

#_ADDBOOKINGFORM

the map and the add booking form both appear despite being after the more tag.

thanks for answering all of my questions today.

Pat

Franky
    Keymaster

As explained on the doc page: the #_EXCERPT tag shows the event description up to the more-tag. #_MAP and #_ADDBOOKINGFORM are other placeholders and they will get rendered because you sepcified them.

If you don’t want that, don’t specify them in the format of the event.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Got it on the excerpt/map/etc part.

As for my original question, can we take this offline? I have tried to write my question several ways and am having a tough time explaining my question.

thanks.

Pat

Franky
    Keymaster

Sure: liedekef [at] telenet.be

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top