Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Display today's event on calendar when 'Hide past events?' is checked

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Forgive me if this is covered somewhere else – if it’s here, I couldn’t find it.

I’ve been trying to display the current day’s events on the calendar when ‘Hide past events?’ is selected in the settings.

While not optimal, the only solution I could figure out was to edit ’eme_calendar.php’, line 212, changing “$eme_date_obj_now” “$eme_date_obj_now->today()”

Is there more enduring way to do this?

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, currently the logic is that past events are those whose end-date is lower than the current date/time.
    But now that I think about it, since I don’t take the hour into account, this might lead to less than desired results (even errors …). So your solution is in fact the correct one, by using the today function the hour/min/sec are set to 0, so then the comparison is correct.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My client wanted folks to be able to sign up for her class up until class time. A same day class shows up on the class list (using today–this_month) but there’s no way to make that happen on the calendar without the change. IMHO, it does seem logical to display the current day’s offerings.

Thanks!

Franky
    Keymaster

Don’t worry, the change is in the dev-version and will be in the next release 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great! Thank you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Franky,

I am running into the same issue. I think there have been some releases which have changed the line numbers. Is there a new way to keep current day events showing until event time or end of day event day?

Franky
    Keymaster

Can you explain your problem? The mentioned change is already in the code for months (and in the released version). If you have a problem not identical to the one in this thread, please open a new one.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Its the same. My current event stop displaying in my list of events before the event occurs. Maybe the calculations dont take the local time zone into account?

Franky
    Keymaster

This thread talks about the calendar. If you’re using the calendar shortcode: which options are you using?

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK. I guess this requires a new thread, but it seems like same issue. I am referring the the events list not the calender. eme_events_list’

Franky
    Keymaster

Ok, now we know what shortcode you’re using. Which options are you using in it and what would you like to see as a result?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am displaying a list of events. Past events are hidden. Events scheduled on the day the list is being viewed are hidden before event time (events are hidden too early). I’d like events to display in list until event is over or atleast started.

Whatever you changed for the calendar should work if you change it for events listing. Its not taking into account time or time zone when deciding whether to hide?

Franky
    Keymaster

Please answer this: “Which options are you using in it”
    For all options in [eme_events], see:
    http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/category/documentation/6-shortcodes/eme_events/
    (by default only future events are shown, see the ‘scope’ parameter)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am not using any shortcodes.
    I have the Events page set to Schedule (my page to list events)

This is my Default Event List Format:
    <dt> #_LINKEDNAME</dt><dd>#F #j, #Y at #g:#i #a
    <br>#_ADDRESS – #_TOWN </dd>

Who is in:
    [eme_attendees id=#_EVENTID template_id=1]

Its should list all events and anyone who has RSVP’d yes.
    ‘Todays’ event tends to ‘hide’ early.

Franky
    Keymaster
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I changed the Events page back to default.
    I am calling the shortcode [eme_events], with no options, on my schedule page.

The problem remains. Tonights 9pm event is gone from the list at 4:30pm.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I figured out the problem.

Wordpress shows my revisions as: Eric, 1 min ago (November 17, 2017 @ 03:09:46)
    Its November 16, 2017 at 7:13 pm in realty and on my computer.

If anyone else runs into this, settings>general>Timezone

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top