Events Made Easy Forums How do I … DIsplay single event from eme widget

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Please bear with me, I’m still trying to figure out a lot of things related to WP and what not.

I’ve got the EME widget installed in the sidebar and it is displaying the events just fine. Exactly what I want. Now, I want to be able to click on an event within the widget and have a page come up with all the details for that particular event. No other events. At present, when I click on an event, it list all of the current and future events in chronology order. NOT what I want.

So, if you don’t mind, can you provide the necessary steps for accomplishing this so that this dumb old gizzer can get our events properly displayed.

Regards,

John

Franky
    Keymaster

Make sure that the “Events page” setting points to a valid page.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a page setup, but it displays all of the events. I just want to display the single event that was clicked in the widget.

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, normally when clicking on an event, you go to the single event. So maybe for starters the website demonstrating the problem?

Anonymous
    Inactive

My bad. I should have included the web site. http://www.f32nc.com

I suspect that it is something that I’ve messed up in doing the configuration and I can’t seem to figure it out. I sure hope you can spot it.

Franky
    Keymaster

It seems something is messing up the permalinks. For starters: disable these in the EME settings and try again. Then re-enable them and try again 🙂

In your case I click on an event with link “http://www.f32nc.com/events/10/july-meeting/” and I get redirected to “http://www.f32nc.com/events”, which *might* indicate a permalink issue here.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you for taking a look.

Well, I went into the eme settings disabled the permalinks went to the user side and clicked on a event and nada. Just for grins and giggles, I went to the settings->permalinks tab and saved the settings. I seem to recall that this is suppose to rebuild the permalinks. Still nothing.

I then re-enable the permalinks in eme and tried once again. Still nothing.

It just occurred to me that I’m using a Yoast SEO module and I seem to recall that they did something with the permalinks. I’ll deactivate it and see what happens.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Update. Fixed it!!! It was the Yoast SEO module. There is a permalinks options and within it there is an option to “Redirect ugly URL’s to clean permalinks. (Not recommended in many cases!)” Guess what, it was checked and it screwed up everything. Unchecked it and presto! looks like everything is working.

Thank you very much.

Franky
    Keymaster

Nice to hear it works now 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top