Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Display satellit map?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

– how to display the satellit map instead of the normal map? Iยดd like to use it for the global map for all past events…

– i still have one error, if i insert

[locations_map width=640 height=350 eventful=true scope=future]

no map is displayed?

– if i add a location, everything is fine, but in the global map, the location is displayed wrong, because of no latide/longitude values?

i added them manually to the database, but for many locations this will be work… ๐Ÿ˜‰

Franky
    Keymaster

– satellite map: not possible for now

– concerning the [locations_map] thing: is the map displayed if you don’t use the options?

– concerning the add-location thing: this is indeed a bug, thanks for finding it. I’ll fix this asap before releasing the next release.

Edit: the add-location bug was only in trunk, but has been fixed in the trunk version now.

Edit2: the [locations_map] thing was indeed also a bug in trunk, also fixed in the trunk version now

Anonymous
    Inactive

hey CCD… we are nearly neighbours… I’m from Heidelberg ๐Ÿ™‚ maybe you know Covadonga?

Anonymous
    Inactive

– no, i donยดt know Covadonga, whats that? ๐Ÿ˜‰ funny world

– now the map is displayed properly with atrributes and everything, thank you!!!

– satellite map would be great!! and also planning routes directly in the map, which is all available at google ๐Ÿ˜‰

– one last thing: i want to display a map with upcoming events and (on same page!!) a map with all (past/future) events.

Result: the second map doenst show antything and the fist map displays all events instead of only future ones…

Link: http://www.violinduo.de/wpen/konzerte/

Code:

<h2>Next</h2>

[events_list limit=20]

[locations_map height=350 width=640 eventful=true scope=future]

<h2>Archiv</h2>

[locations_map]

i also tried:

<h2>Next</h2>

[events_list limit=20]

[locations_map height=350 width=640 eventful=true scope=future]

<h2>Archiv</h2>

[locations_map height=350 width=640 eventful=true scope=past]

—-> NO location is displayed in any map ๐Ÿ˜‰

its one query, right? so no easy chance to insert two maps?

Franky
    Keymaster

– sattelite map: you can switch to it, for the rest it’s a low priority thing for me

– directions: you forget that people need to enter an address where to get directions from. For now I made a new shortcut #_DIRECTIONS that adds a small form to enter an address and get directions from that address to the event, using a popup window that goes to google itself. A bit crude, but functional.

– locations_map: only one per page, not designed for multiple maps.

Anonymous
    Inactive

there is somehing really strange happening under Opera, chrome and IE8 on my maps… the maps appear in kind of vertical lamellas in different weird scales… It’s okay so far with the foxy…

http://www.maier-hallard.com/testseite/?page_id=195&lang=de

Anonymous
    Inactive

@CCD Covadonga is a young violinist at the national theatre ๐Ÿ˜€ disciple of U.Hoelscher at the time.

And my parents both were at your conservatory as professors and instructors ๐Ÿ˜‰

Franky
    Keymaster

Sebastian, look at my comment in the CSS:

/* for google maps to work ok in IE, we need at least 690px as max-width for the images */

and see what you did in myown.css:

/* for google maps to work ok in IE, we need at least 690px as max-width for the images */
    #dbem_global_map img,
    .dbem-location-map img {
    max-width: 200px !important;
    border: none;
    background: none !important;
    }

Bad … NEVER touch the max-width here. You did …

Anonymous
    Inactive

doh… Sorry! was too late yesterday! But that behaviour was new after the update… I changed to 200 2 days ago… however… you wrote it more than clearly

Anonymous
    Inactive

ok, where to download? on wordpress-plugins its still the same version, right? i have 3.12

Franky
    Keymaster

What do you want to download?

Anonymous
    Inactive

you wrote: – sattelite map: you can switch to it, for the rest it’s a low priority thing for me

how? sorry, didnยดt get it….

Franky
    Keymaster

I meant that you can switch to it on the map shown itself …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Where would we put the #_Directions shortcode? I tried putting it into the details box of a location but it’s not parsing, and I’m not sure how or where to put it in.

Franky
    Keymaster

It’s in the trunk version, not the released one.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Which particular file?

Franky
    Keymaster

if you want the trunk, you’ll need to take all of it because it contains other incompatible changes as well. I advise to use it on a test wordpress …

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top