Events Made Easy Forums Generic Disabling datepicker

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a problem with the datepicker. Creating or editing a new event, the datepicker doesn’t appear. Probably it’s because a conflict with the jquery script but I tried to disable all the others plugins and I wasn’t able to figure out the guilty one.

I would like to solve quickly the issue eliminating the datepicker and writing the date manually. Does anybody know how I could do? Can it be easy?

Thank you very much.

Franky
    Keymaster

If no other plugin is the problem, it’s probably a theme thing. Use the default theme for admin and front end and see if it works ok then.

Writing the date manually won’t do it: the value you see is not the value transmitted to the backend (the datepicker jquery also fills in a hidden field). But if you want to try it: just remove

readonly="readonly"

in eme_events.php (it’s present in 2 lines)

Anonymous
    Inactive

You was right..the problem is my front end theme. It’s really bothering.. I can’t change it just because a plugin and who knows if I can fix it .. .

The removal didn’t work..the whole wp crashes.

What a little datepicker can do!!…thinking another solution…

Franky
    Keymaster

Look at your theme and disable any custom jquery library requests (not the jquery scripts themselves, just the calls to e.g. jquery.js). Most of the time, these begin with “http://ajax.googleapis.com/…”

Since WP includes these itself, this is the source of your problem.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Disabling the jquery on my theme is too critical because it means to make it not working properly.

I removed all the references about the datepicker in eme, and it gives no errors now. The problem is when creating a new event and it says “new event created”..but it doesn’t. An easy workaround has been creating a new event duplicating an old one…it works fine! 😛

Franky
    Keymaster

It’s not disabling, but the jquery of your theme conflicts with WP … but anyway, if you have a workaround 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top