Events Made Easy Forums Generic Did you intentionally implement EME requirement for PHP >= 7.4?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My currently installed EME is 2.2.75. However since update notice for 2.2.77 I am getting a message in WP admin saying that your recent plugin updates require newer PHP (specifically, seems to require 7.4 or higher).
    There is nothing in your changelogs saying you implemented this requirement.
    What version was it implemented in (after 2.2.75 which is fine with PHP 7.3.x it appears)?

Or is it some unintentional result of challenges you mention in changelog with PHP 8.1 compatibility? Such as:
    2.2.78 (2022/05/16)
    Fix leftover php issue in ExpressiveDate.php so it works with php 8.1 and older
    2.2.77 (2022/05/15)
    Fix some php issues (trying to be ok with php 8.1 seems more daunting than expected)

thanks,
    John

Franky
    Keymaster

First I refer to the php lifecycle: https://www.php.net/supported-versions.php
    Second: while EME most probably works with 7.2 and 7.3, I’m no longer in a position to test those versions, so I changed that to 7.4 some months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top