Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Description placeholder in map balloon not showing

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve been using the EME plugin now for almost a year and have never had a problem displaying a location’s #_DESCRIPTION in the map balloon–until now. Now I have an empty balloon. I didn’t change anything (that I’m aware of), so I’m at a loss as to what’s happened. If I put other placeholders in the “Default location balloon format” box, they display just fine. Of course, I’ve formatted the description field specifically to include other info like website links, phone, etc. and prefer that info to show. I’m up-to-date and I’m not sure what other info about my setup may be helpful to know. Any help would be appreciated.

Franky
    Keymaster

What’s the link?

Anonymous
    Inactive

akronago.org

Franky
    Keymaster

The description is there, but it seems there are a *lot* of single quotes in there that probably mess things up. This is what I see in firebug:

<div class="eme-location-balloon" id="eme-location-balloon-96_1313131003_34"><a ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''http:="" href=""></a></div>

(I needed to remove lots of quotes or I couldn’t show it here). See your html source.

It might be that some code is to blame here: it seems that single quotes are being escaped (which they should anyway) but there are waaaaaaaaay too many of them.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, believe it or not, those quotes have always been there–since I installed the plugin. I remember thinking how odd it was. Figured it had something to do with getting the text in the right place in the balloon so I never wanted to mess with it. I’ve taken them all out, including a which was in the midst of all those quotes (many quotes preceded the # and followed the letters URL), leaving me now with just #_DESCRIPTION, but still the balloon is empty.

Anonymous
    Inactive

After the words “including a” in my last post there should have been

<a href="#_LOCATIONPAGEURL"> </a>

Franky
    Keymaster

I don’t know what you did, but now there’s no text in it at all 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

O.k. upon posting it stripped out what I typed yet again, but it was a link with #_LOCATIONPAGEURL in it.

Franky
    Keymaster

I corrected your post, but I don’t see text in it, so how can you ever click on a url if there’s no text?

Franky
    Keymaster

This is the default balloon setting:

<strong>#_NAME</strong><br />#_ADDRESS - #_TOWN <br /> <a href='#_LOCATIONPAGEURL'>Details</a>

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the default setting. I’ve gone ahead and put that in for now so that something shows in the balloon. Of course, I’m still at a loss why the #_DESCRIPTION placeholder doesn’t work. I have descriptions for all my locations, and like I said before, they have always appeared in the balloon just fine until recently. (Does that placeholder work for you?) Regardless, I appreciate all your help and what really is a very useful, excellent plugin.

Franky
    Keymaster

I tried #_DESCRIPTION and it works just fine in the balloon.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top