Events Made Easy Forums Generic Send reminder email for unpaid bookings

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Franky, This question is related to the “send reminder email to unpaid pending bookings”. I’ve set up the email template and header, set the frequency, and checked the pending bookings list and there’s something there. I’ve also installed WP Crontrols which shows the cron jobs are running. However, no emails are being sent.Is there anything else I should check? This is a great feature, but I just can’t get it to work. Thanks

Franky
    Keymaster

(please check the forum post guidelines next time, your post had nothing to do with the post you replied on, so I’ve split this into a new thread).
    I’ll take a look at this later today

Franky
    Keymaster

Just tested this: works fine. Make sure all 4 parameters are filled out:

1) Send a reminder mail to unpaid pending bookings every XX minutes
    2) Mail subject template
    3) Mail body template
    4) the choosen schedule

If no mails arrive, do a test via the “Send Mails” menu, tab “Test email”

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you – that’s exactly what I did and nothing arrived. However, the “automatic removal of unpaid pending bookings” has just deleted by test booking so that works. I’ll try again. As always, thanks for your support.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Franky, I’ve tested this again and it just won’t send me a reminder email. The test email works. I’ve watched the cron job run. I’ve removed the schedule and added it back again. Are there any restrictions on the templates? They are templates with type=all and they have various fields for event name etc. in them, but I assume that’s OK. Any other thoughts as to what I might be doing incorrectly?

Franky
    Keymaster

Are you using the mail queue? Is that active?
    In the EME settings menu, tab “Mail” there’s also a setting “Enable pending RSVP e-mails” that needs to be active for the mails to be sent

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank You. I’d turned ‘enable pending RSVP e-mails’ off to cut down on the number of messages! No wonder it wasn’t working. Thanks again, and apologies for being a bit of an idiot.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top