Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Default #_Birthday Date field to HTML5 instead of JS

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello

Is it a way to change the default #_BIRTHDAY field into an HTML5 date field as we can do for custom fields ?

The HTML5 datepicker is easy for old person

Thanks

Franky
    Keymaster

The problem with HTML5 datepicker is that I can’t control the layout, so in fact from EME point of view it is just text, which is not usable to actually do something with (like check for birthday and send a mail).
    If you don’t want to use the birthday field, just create your own custom HTML5 field and use that as birthday.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks

I was my thought to create a custom field 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just changed these in the fdatepicker.js and fdatepicker.min.js

view:’days’,minView:’days’
    into
    view:’years’,minView:’days’

So the datepicker start with years and its more obvious for old persons who didn’t click on the year to change it 🙂

Franky
    Keymaster

Hum … Interesting. Maybe I should make that a configuration option. For birthday it indeed seems more logic that way. But now your change affects other parts of EME where the calendar is used and the change needs to be kept after each EME update.
    I’ll check the code some more.

Franky
    Keymaster

Update: this was already a configurable option. So the next version will start with years for the birthday picker.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes this change all datepickers. Thanks for the update 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s work like a charm thanks, less remarks from users that it was difficult

Is it possible to change:

case ‘date_js, case ‘datetime_js’, case ‘time_js’ in the eme_formfields.php so we can use data-view=’years’ in a custom field HTML attribute ?

Mvg

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top