Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Date link and event link different templates

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Please can you help me to identify the page I must create so that the event list page can be the same template design as my single event page.

Currently clicking on the date in the calendar takes me to a different page template than clicking on the event name.

Thanks in advance, Jane

Anonymous
    Inactive

For our full calendar page we just create a page using the regular theme template and put in the shortcodes:

[events_calendar full=1]
    Events in the Future [events_list paging=1 limit=10 scope=month]

Events in the Past [events_list paging=1 limit=10 scope=past order=DESC]

For us, if we click on a numeric date (in the widget) and there’s only one event that day, it goes straight to that event page.

And if there are more than one event on a day, it brings us to oursite.example.com/eme-events/2013-xx-xx/, which is a normally themed page listing only those two events.

So I’m not sure why yours would go to “a different template” but I’m sure Franky can help…

Franky
    Keymaster

@aspash: as explained in the doc, there’s only one “special page” EME uses to render every event info on, so it’s always the same template. Using shortcodes (like [events_calendar] ) on a regular page of course uses the template of that page. I think you need to check wether the special events page and your other pages use the same template.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you, double checked and found I had used two different templates. Sorry, thought I had checked.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top