Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Guys,

Building a page for an organization which holds a lot of events on weekends, and I think I’ve got most of the design down that I like.

My question is, when a user selects a date, it takes them to a list of events for that date. Is there a way in the header of the event list page to say the date? So I can say “Events happening on XXXXXX”

As an example, you can see: http://mbao.ca/beta/?page_id=140&calendar_day=2011-10-08

Thanks!

Franky
    Keymaster

For the moment this is not easily done: it needs a new conditional tag to check if you’re viewing a single day and then show that day. Both have been implemented in trunk:

* Feature: for conditional tags, I added 1 extra shortcode:

#_IS_SINGLE_DAY (‘1’ if you’re viewing a single day, ‘0’ otherwise)

* Feature: new shortcode #_CALENDAR_DAY, returning the day being viewed when viewing a specific day on the calendar

So now in trunk, you can do this in the events list formatting setting:

[events_if tag='#_IS_SINGLE_DAY' value='1'] Events happening on #_CALENDAR_DAY [/events_if]

Now that I think of it, this should work too (in trunk):

[events_if tag='#ESC_CALENDAR_DAY' value='1'] Events happening on #_CALENDAR_DAY [/events_if]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top