Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am looking for a way to add a dropdown date selector for this calendar. This version (3.2.11) is clunky in that the only way to look ahead at events a few months away when in calendar view is to hit the “>>” link several times and this is very cumbersome for people to look up a specific month’s events in the future.

Example: http://lvrunningscene.com/events/

Does anyone have code to add a dropdown menu selector?

-Jill

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, it’s not that simple, but using javascript with some jquery handling the date changing can do what you require. It won’t be easy though and my jquery knowledge is still limited …

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m going to be working on this, unless you already are. I would just add it to filterform instead of trying to get scope to work with the events_calendar… or make a separate filter function for the calendar with this functionality, instead of scope.

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, the month dropdown should be able to work together with the [events_calendar] shortcode …

Franky
    Keymaster

implemented in trunk, using the [events_filter] shortcode, and added a new parameter “fields” for it: can contain a comma separated list of fields that should be shown (the filter format is general, and using this, you can hide certain fields in certain forms) ==> in this case you can use:

[events_filter fields=months] (and make sure the “filter form format” contains #_FILTER_MONTHS somewhere)

Anonymous
    Inactive

is this events_filter new and different from events_filterform ? is there full documentation on it somewhere?

Franky
    Keymaster

correct, it is indeed events_filterform. But there’s a small bug in the current version (when combining filtering and paging), which I believe to have fixed in trunk.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top