Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Data sharing in multisite configuration

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

If I understand this, if I enable data sharing in the main site of a multisite configuration, I can use data from the main site on sub-sites. I performed a test, but data I had already entered in the sub-site was displayed. I used [eme_person person_id=1 template_id=10], which didn’t show the same thing in the sub-site as the main site. Did I misinterpret what was said in the update about this? Or is there something else I need to do?

Thanks for your help. (And thanks for setting me straight if I misunderstood.)

Franky
    Keymaster

In fact, you have to activate that option in the subsites 🙂
    Like the explanation for that option says: “If selected and WordPress multisite is active, this EME instance will use the database tables of the main multisite instance.”

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh. The SUBsites. Got it. I guess “this EME instance” didn’t hit me as meaning the same as “this subwebsite.” (Yes, I had read that post.)

I really need to get more sleep.

Thanks for clarifying.

Bruce

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, I’m always open to suggestions on better rephrasing certain things. I can even hide that option for the main site and show another text, so I’m all ears 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top