Events Made Easy Forums How do I … cvs import persons

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

The cvs export works perfect. But when I want to import a cvs I got the following problems:

The headings of the exported cvs are in my language (in my case Dutch), when I use the same headings nothing happens. Only when I change it to the headings I found in the mysql database, it works. Could it be possible that it recognise the same headings as the export?

The same with massmail en gdpr: In the exported cvs, the answers are in words (yes, no / ja, nee). The imported cvs doesn’t recognise that, it has to be 1 or 0. Is is confusing. And if you use a existing list and add things, I need to change those collums. Could it be possible that it recognise the Ja, Nee for gdpr and massmail? Or it just stays 1 or 0 everywhere.

And my own fields are exported in cvs, but If I import persons with information in my own fields (with the same headings) there are no changes. Could it be possible to use the names of my own fields as headings to import cvs?

Warm greetings
    Stijn

Anonymous
    Inactive

And another thing with the cvs import:
    If I want to import persons without firstname and/or lastname, I can’t. And If I put ‘Geen familienaam’, the same as shown with export, it adds ‘Geen familienaam’ it becomes the real lastname, not just the text that it doesn’t exist. And with the export of an empty firstname, the cvs field is empty. But importing is not possible empty. Could it also be possible to import empty firstname or lastname fields.

Thanks
    Stijn

Franky
    Keymaster

For import titles and values are defined in the doc and need to be just that. It is just way too hard to try and detect the language and translate the language in the normal string (there’s no such function in wordpress).
    Importing custom fields is also documented, the column title needs to be “answer_” followed by the title of the custom field (or the id, because if the title contains spaces that can fail).
    Concerning empty lastname/firstname: you can import empty names: just define the column (“lastname” or “firstname”) and put as value “” (depending on the enclosure you use). That should work just fine.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the answer.
    Sorry that I didn’t look into the documentation, I forgot to look there.
    That is clear for me.

To make it easy to import an changed exported document. Would it be possible to export a cvs the same way as you import it?

And thanks a lot.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If I add “” to firstname and lastname, the quotes are now the firstname and lastname, it is not empty. How do I arrange that?

Franky
    Keymaster

That means your CSV contains double quotes (with the second ones escaped). Check your generated CSV …

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top