Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Custom Fields

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi

I have setup out booking system for our Radio Control club so when the RSVP form is filled in we have two custom fields that are required on the booking form (transponderNo & BRCAno). These are allocated to people so stored with the person. I also require that these fields are displayed with the event so i can print / export the data for import into our timing system, but cannot see how to do this or if even possible. I have tried changing the field to generic and RSVP but then i only see the data in the event and cannot tie it to the person.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

Best Regards

Carl

Franky
    Keymaster

A RSVP field is either stored with the person or the booking. If the backend EME part is then not sufficient, you can still create your own booking or attendance list for an event by using the [eme_bookings] or [eme_attendees] shortcodes with a template of your choosing (where you can add the field of choice).
    I’m still trying to come up with an easy to use interface where you can choose your (person) fields, but I think I need to switch to another solution than jtables then (the dropdown in jtable is just not that configurable).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the reply, i didnt realise all the RSVP fields also stored to the person, real shame that they dont show with the person under extra info, would be really useful. I already use {eme_bookings] so will do as you suggest, i presume once the fields are of RSVP type i can then also export as CSV

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky

I can see with the latest updates the people fields are now visible to the front end which is great for me to export the csv data of a event. Thankyou for this. I would also like to view the people data custom fields from the event printable view. Is this possible and how can i change the printable view. Is there a template somwhere for it i am missing?

Thanks

Franky
    Keymaster

Sorry, that’s currently not possible. From the csv export for bookings you can achieve any result (and using the csv as database source to openoffice or so you can make any output of choice). The printable report is really a minimum thing, and adding much extra fields to it makes it no longer “printable”.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top