Events Made Easy Forums Generic Multi-booking: Custom fields don't show anymore

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I’m working with a multibooking form with a few custom fields. It used to work fine, but now, instead of a form input there is just blank space with no possiblity of typing anything in the custom fields (in the booking form). I’m aware of the (***) in the documentation (7.6 – Registration Form Fields), but I’m unsure what the following line means: “you need to be sure that all events in the multibooking form have the same fields defined in their RSVP format”. Can you please elaborate on what the RSVP format is?

The bug coincided with the latest plugin update, so I’m unsure whether the custom fields stopped displaying correctly in the multibooking form after the plugin update – or if it’s related to some settings I have changed.

Franky
    Keymaster

Check your browser console for javascript errors (or show me a page …)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your reply.

A (more) tech-savvy friend of mine had a look at it. He discovered that the bug most likely occured after version 1.9.7 (when allowing form fields to be called by their name). We copied a specific line of older code from GitHub and now it works again.

I don’t know if other people experience the same. I’m running a multisite installation.

Franky
    Keymaster

github? I don’t use github (well, wordpress doesn’t).
    Which line is that?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh. Interesting. I guess it’s a quite old version we copied from. I think it was this file:
    https://github.com/wp-plugins/events-made-easy/blob/984a6cccf2e66c851229f62e66e278091f64d0a6/eme_formfields.php

I don’t remember the exact line, though, I think it was the line where calling the field id by name was activated (line 500-600 something perhaps).

Sorry, for not being more specific. I didn’t copy the line personally – a friend of mine did it.

Franky
    Keymaster

That’s a version of more than 2 years ago … whatever you copied, it was not related to this problem 🙂
    But please do try to figure out what your friend changed …

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top