Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Custom field as people field

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Franky,

I’m experimenting with the new features. I have created a custom field with the field usage: people field (no field condition). I use this field in a RSVP form.
    The form works as expected.
    In the backend under eme|people I can show the column for the field, but no values are displayed.

What’s wrong?

Franky
    Keymaster

See the hint:

Showing custom field values can be heavy on the database. If you want to show some field values, select these in the “Custom fields” select-box shown above.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Correction,
    when I display the table without selection, no values are displayed in the column, only when I select the corresponding custom field in the selection line are the values displayed. But then all persons are displayed, with and without value in this column.
    For me it’s a bit confusing.
    I open a table, see a column without values. I assume there are no values here.
    I select the custom field, I assume that only records with a value in this field will be displayed.
    I select a person by last name, no value in the custom column.

The extension to the additional columns was a very good idea, the intuitive operation of the table is … tricky.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry I did not see your answer when I sent my last post.

Franky
    Keymaster

Meanwhile I changed the logic, so it should at least be a little more intuitive: the values are always shown, for the search you can just search on text and optionally limit the search to certain custom fields.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top