Events Made Easy Forums How do I … csv import members

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

I am trying to import members from a csv, but the error message ‘Not all required fields present.’ keeps popping up.

tested both with
    “Last name”,”First name”,”E-mail”,”Membership”,”Start”

as with
    “lastname”,”firstname”,”email”,”membership”,”zip”

Any idea? Can you indicate whether the help is still actual?
    “There are 5 columns required: “lastname”,”firstname”,”email”,”membership” and “start_date”. ”

Thanks!

Franky
    Keymaster

Well, you found your own problem: the columns are indeed “lastname”,”firstname”,”email”,”membership” and “start_date”. In both your examples you did not use those.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Franky,

you were right. But if I change the fields =>

There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

If I upload this:

“lastname”,”firstname”,”email”,”membership”,”start_date”
    “test”,”test”,”test@test.be”,”Lidmaatschap Volwassenen (NL)”,”januari 1, 2021″

Or is it the format of the date field that goes wrong?

Thanks!

Franky
    Keymaster

Like the doc states:
    The columns “start_date”, “end_date” and “creation_date” should be in the format YYYY-MM-DD

Maybe I should show some validation error beforehand, but that would mean to walk through every line … I’ll see how to handle that a bit better

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, that was the issue. My confusion came from the fact that when I exported an existing member to csv (to see how the file should be made up), he exported the date like mentioned before. But you are correct, the documentation states the correct format, my bad 🙂

Kind regards,
    Kevin

Franky
    Keymaster

The csv export is more a frontend export, not a db export. But the next version will make the error messages upon import a bit more clear too (code ready already) 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great, looking forward!
    To the point support as well 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top