Events Made Easy Forums How do I … Creating a template to show group members

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Franky,

I know I went over this with you a couple years ago but I’m just getting back to it. In the meantime I lost the website I was building and had to start from ground zero, and I didn’t document the process.

I want to create a template to show members of a group. I have searched the forum and the forum and this website and I can’t find simple direction on how to create a simple display template. I have a number of people assigned to a group and I want to display that group. I created a header template with [ul] and a footer template with [/ul] but it’s not clear to me how I need to the create the body template, which will be [li] [information about person] [/li].

I’m sure I’m missing something obvious, but I just can’t find what I need so I can get started with this.

Thanks,
    Bruce

Anonymous
    Inactive

It just came back to me: I need to create a ”fake” event for each group I want to display, right?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, it’s coming back to me. I think I created one event that I could use just for the sake of being able to display a group. Beyond that is where my memory gets a little murky.

Franky
    Keymaster

For a group, use [eme_people group_id=xx] (with “xx” being a group id, see https://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/category/documentation/6-shortcodes/eme_people/
    In there, also define template_id, which is a template being repeated for each person of the group. If that template is e.g. a table row, then the header/footer templates should contain the needed html table opening/closing tags (same if a ul-list for example).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘How do I …’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top