Events Made Easy Forums Generic Corresponding wp-user missing

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Sometimes when a user is subscribing for an event the corresponding wp-user is not filled in. In the attendee-list you see than an empty place in stead of the name.

Franky
    Keymaster

I only allow 1 link between an EME person and a WP user. If the user is allowed to clear the form (where his details are filled in if he’s logged in) and actually clears it, then that means other info is being entered (and not the one from the WP user), so it is not linked to that person anymore.
    However, the info on which WP user did the booking should still be filled in.

Anonymous
    Inactive

doubles

I see a lot of doubles when I check the identities, how is this possible?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Subscribe button

I only use a button to subscribe, the users don’t have to fill in anything.

Franky
    Keymaster

In the past the code was less robust when it came to EME person <=> WP user linking, so maybe those errors were in there for a while already?
    In EME persons, you can delete the persons you don’t want to keep and in one go move their bookings to another person, so it is easy to rectify though.

Franky
    Keymaster

Btw, if this continues to happen in your setup, let me know so I can try to reproduce it then. I’ll go over the code too …

Anonymous
    Inactive

I still have this problem. It looks like Events Made Easy is using the firstname and lastname together as a new item in the People list.

Franky
    Keymaster

I’m sorry, but you’ll have to be more specific here. Once a WP user and EME user are linked, that should stay. EME indeed uses the firstname/lastname/email combo to check for an existing EME person, but I fail to see the issue here.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think that EME is creating a new entry in the Person list altough that person already exists.

Franky
    Keymaster

EME checks if a person exists based on lastname/firstname/email combo. If it doesn’t find that, it will try email alone and update lastname/firstname for it.
    If the WP id of the found person is not yet filled in, it will be filled in with the WP id of the logged in user (or selected user) if that user is not already linked to another person.
    What do you think is the problem with this logic?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve asked several wordpress member tot subscribe to an event multiple times (with different browsers, pc, tablet, mobile) and everytime is works correct. Very strange. I’ll keep an eye on it and let you know when the problems arrise again.

Thank you

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Generic’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top