Events Made Easy Forums Bug fixed or feature request implemented “Convert newlines” setting broken in templates after update to 2.2.22

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I updated to 2.2.22 in the last 48 hours.

Now all my templates are inserting <br> tags for all newlines.

I have not changed my templates, and those with “convert newlines” set to “no” still show that setting.

But now there are <br> tags being inserted everywhere when the templates render, as though the setting were “yes.”

Just started seeing this on pages with templates, so I am assuming it is because of update to 2.2.22.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I see this was reported by others in other forums.
    I will try the modified eme_functions.php and report back if that works or not as soon as I can.
    I am definitely using div (and p) tags in templates, as I have created responsive code for form templates in place of the old default tables.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes the eme_functions.php found in this thread:
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/html-output-with-too-many/

…does fix the convert newlines issue in templates for my use cases. Can’t say it will work universally but so far so good.

I assume this will be rolled into the next update release?

thanks,
    John

Franky
    Keymaster

Yes it will 😉

Franky
    Keymaster

The next version has been released and the version in dev even has a small extra improvement (no br tag will get added if the next line starts with a html closing tag)
    It is not nice to add a br to for example a td-entry if the opening/content/closing html is spread over 3 lines (where it would add a br to the content). Adding a br will not result in a visual change, but not nice anyway 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Bug fixed or feature request implemented’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Scroll to Top